Co Pilot Users

OK been using the app for a while but noticed lately getting strange routes for instance Purfleet to Heywood truck stop rather than use the m66 it seems a better route is via junc 19 the coming in so Heywood is on the right is that way in nor restricted? Also active routes what’s the difference in using or not

Got live traffic on it? Chances are it was avoiding delays.

bjd:
OK been using the app for a while but noticed lately getting strange routes for instance Purfleet to Heywood truck stop rather than use the m66 it seems a better route is via junc 19 the coming in so Heywood is on the right is that way in nor restricted? Also active routes what’s the difference in using or not

There are 2 restrictions for width in that area, one of them is only in effect at night, policed by a rising bollard

It’s a shame as it’s not a bad app and I no you can’t rely on any sat nav but not convinced this one’s good enough in fact it seems worse since the last update does active routes just let you no if a quicker alternative is available on route and I assume practical route would avoid smaller roads

I used it for a year+ while at coop with no issues and I went proper out into the sticks at times and in central London.

You just have to pair it with common sense and know when to ignore it. Like any sat nav.

I found it great though because I could modify the route which in effect let me make my own route up.

Depending exactly when you were going through, there were closures on the M62 around that area the other night and it was causing a lot of traffic (no idea if co-pilot does traffic).

adam277:
I used it for a year+ while at coop with no issues and I went proper out into the sticks at times and in central London.

You just have to pair it with common sense and know when to ignore it. Like any sat nav.

I found it great though because I could modify the route which in effect let me make my own route up.

Imm often out in the sticks in Cornwall so set up the correct route but when I revisit the rout it for some reason hasn’t saved it