Naughty Stobbie

I’m sure if the driver of this wagon had your keen eye he wouldn’t have made this mistake. Mainly because he wouldn’t have actually made it to his wagon if he’d turned up at Stobarts yard, seeing as it’s a WS Transportation wagon

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I see it is a twitter post and that it say 12/16…
Completely crazy that people use twitter like this. So I gotta read 15 other twitter posts to know the entire story. :laughing:
No thanks, I hate twitter.

I’m not…

Really understanding the statement from the DVSA. I get that it’s an axle overload but is it a gross overload too? It’s hard to tell from the pictures (I don’t tweet) but surely the crane could have gone forward a bit more possibly negating the axle overload?

CookieMonster:
I’m sure if the driver of this wagon had your keen eye he wouldn’t have made this mistake. Mainly because he wouldn’t have actually made it to his wagon if he’d turned up at Stobarts yard, seeing as it’s a WS Transportation wagon

I wonder what “WS” stands for :wink:

maga:

CookieMonster:

I wonder what “WS” stands for :wink:

William Stobart [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

actually, would it not have been better reversed on for weight distribution purposes… :bulb:

Not really got much knowledge of cranes, but would it be limited to the same maximum weight of an ordinary 3 axle rigid lorry despite having those great big wheels and tires? Or are there separate refs for road going plant etc?

WhiteTruckMan:
Not really got much knowledge of cranes, but would it be limited to the same maximum weight of an ordinary 3 axle rigid lorry despite having those great big wheels and tires? Or are there separate refs for road going plant etc?

My mate google reckons cranes/mobile plant 12.5t max per axle so could be 37 ish tons on top of that trailer! which kind of sounds right with the 12t overload.

WhiteTruckMan:

Much heavier than any regular rigid… you can’t lift all that weight and boom it out without weighing quite a bit yourself to balance it!

Grove 3060?
If so, about 35 tons gross, with 24 tons of that on the rear two axles.
cranemarket.com/specification-2078

Trailer tyre sidewalls rubbing together :open_mouth:

Franglais:
Grove 3060?
If so, about 35 tons gross, with 24 tons of that on the rear two axles.
cranemarket.com/specification-2078

Interesting, and thanks for that. Live and learn…

But other things I noticed are

1. it’s a wet day

2. It’s a Scania with a (very dragging) tag axle.

With all that weight on the trailer axles, the first right angle turn or mini roundabout must have been a real interesting time for the driver! :laughing:

If…

That thing weighs around 35 tons then surely it shouldn’t have been loaded in the first place?

yourhavingalarf:
If…

That thing weighs around 35 tons then surely it shouldn’t have been loaded in the first place?

It does make you wonder. Why send a tri-axle for something like this?

Radar19:

yourhavingalarf:
If…

Can`t see what make that trl is but Broshuis make
broshuis.com/home/producten … lader.html
a tri axle extender on air with a 38 Ton payload. Hydraulic suspension 41 ton capacity on a tri trailer.
It is an indivisable load after all, whole different ballgame, although no apparent STGO markings on unit?

Franglais:

Radar19:

yourhavingalarf:
If…

a tri axle extender on air with a 38 Ton payload. Hydraulic suspension 41 ton capacity on a tri trailer.
It is an indivisable load after all, whole different ballgame, although no apparent STGO markings on unit?

But I don’t think it is indivisible. If I understand the link supplied by Franglais correctly then there’s potentially up to about 13 tons of detachable weight hanging off the back.

WhiteTruckMan:

Franglais:

Radar19:

yourhavingalarf:
If…

But I don’t think it is indivisible. If I understand the link supplied by Franglais correctly then there’s potentially up to about 13 tons of detachable weight hanging off the back.

It is outside my normal field…thats usually covered in grass…but the rules on (in)divisible loads changed several year back I believe.
You can now carry buckets on the same vehicle as a heavy digger, or the wheels and bar with a combine harvester. Once upon a time they had to have a second vehicle, but not now.

yourhavingalarf:
If…

STGO !!

robthedog:

yourhavingalarf:
If…

STGO !!

having read the whole twitter thread it apoeara WS were movibg the crane under STGO rules with an ordinery tri axle trailer not a proper STGO so the whole shebang has been treated as an ordinery 44t combination so therefore it is grossley overloaded amongst other faults found