NIGHTOWL

can anybody tell me the current situation with the sites are they open closed part open what facilities etc.
many thanks

The last we heard was that ALL locations were open… however without fuel…

Commercial Motor stated this week that NightOwl was continuing to trade and they were NOT looking for an outside buyer for the company, apparently the current shareholders/owners have raised sufficient new investment to keep going…

I was talking to one of our Distributors yesterday and he was saying that Night Owl have raised sufficient cash from their shareholders to get them going again, and things are looking brighter, he stated he was in Alconbury the other night at 6pm and it was full of trucks, so hopefully it’s now being used to it’s potential, Wolverhampton and Rugby were also busy so who knows, the fuel might start shortly.

i,ll tell you what else.the welcome you get has improved a great deal aswell… the girls that were in there the other day when me n me pal popped in were in fine form chatty witty, and well, just very pleasant indeed… a far cry from the miserable sods previously i can tell you.so if your still in charge HELEN. full marks on your staff recruitment policies… WELL DONE… a very pleasant surprise.AND IT WAS MY PAL THAT POINTED IT OUT TO ME…LOL

Asked a lass working at Birtly on situation , and she told me that
they had heard that Carlisle has been Sold.

I thought i would just stop at Alconbury last night, well more like afternoon, to have a wash and something to eat and then carry on my merry way…Never again, it was only about 1500 not really a busy time, the toilet/washroom was disgusting, it smelled awful, how about some smelly’s to at the very least make it smell nice, the sinks were all dirty, looked like they had not been cleaned properly in weeks, and as for the food, there was no way i was trying that after going in the washroom. so i just went up the A1 had something to eat at Mario’s at the side of the road and parked up at sheffield. Fair enough some drivers do not help, but never again will i use any of there T/stops… I am not a nancy boy :blush: but i do have some standards, and they want you to pay £12 to park there you must be mad, pointless complaining it has all been done before, and that got knowhere.

I have started using the showers at Alconbury, although being a Yorkshireman I totally detest having to pay for ANYTHING ! but, they are clean and hot and you can spend as long as you want in there, but then again you pays your £2 for the pleasure.

Agree that the sinks in the toilet area haven’t seen a clean this side of 2000 but that’s why I avoid them. Nearly had anything to eat here so can’t comment on that and have never overnighted there either as I refuse to pay for parking ANYWHERE apart from in Leeds centre in my car on a weekend

My current favourite place to get a shower is Donington Park on the M1 in Derbys. Not bad showers there.

Very nearly had a shower, wish i had, i could be an adopted Yorkshire man, the few places i go to as long as you are eating will give you a parking ticket, so it can end up costing you nothing, but will not name them on here you never know who is watching, mail me…