Scania seat back problems

Winseer:
I’ve noticed that when getting into a scania - the seat is often slightly tilted forward for some reason, either put like that by the previous driver, or like that all along, and simply not noticed by the previous driver.

If you sit in a posture “slightly tilted forward” over time - then I, for one - get rather bad backache within about two hours.

The solution? - Adjust the seat when taking over the vehicle. You’re supposed to check the seat’s adjustability in the walkaround checks - so make a point of NEVER leaving it in whatever contorted position you find it on on take-over.

Tilt the whole seat back a notch or two, and flap the back of the seat forward, so you are not lying down facing the digicard device.
It ain’t rocket science - but you’ll find a whole lot less “backache” after driving for a while, that way… :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

I always have the seat tilted back with the back forward, always been the most comfortable for me. Plenty of other drivers think i’m mad for having it that way though!

Doesn’t matter how well positioned you have your seat though, sitting on your arse for hours and hours on end, day in day out alongside lack of regular excercise will end up causing you back problems eventually because it weakens the muscles. Sitting down ■■■■■ your body up.