Bit of a tight spot

This photo is doing the rounds on social media, don’t know how, why, or what happened after so I’ll just leave the photo with you…

i reckon he is professionally reversing in to fill the tank on the drivers side… :slight_smile:

poor guy,1 moments lapse of sanity,nd bolloxed…it could just as easy happen to anyone in here…obviously not conor,jts and whever else gets cloned. :slight_smile:

I’d love to see how they got it out without demolishing that fuel pump to the right

Rowley010:
I’d love to see how they got it out without demolishing that fuel pump to the right

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sore arms for the driver,a couple of watchers with brains…drop the trailer and hookup side on…or drop it and a crane would work…i wonder how long itl be before someone posts,agency… :slight_smile:

Agency [emoji2958]

dieseldog999:

Rowley010:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sore arms for the driver,a couple of watchers with brains…drop the trailer and hookup side on…or drop it and a crane would work…i wonder how long itl be before someone posts,agency… :slight_smile:

We don’t know how it ended, Maybe he’s actually pulled off the blindside reverse of a lifetime as the beemer was blocking the pumps!

Stick it in D and floor it! Once the wheel hits the nice high apex curb it’ll pivot round nicely and no worries about the overhang as he’s cleared the other pump by the looks of it. Easy! [emoji3]

Why oh Why would anybody even try that ■■?

Toddy2:
Why oh Why would anybody even try that ■■?

It’s a bit like that Dobcross village one isn’t it, you just look at the turn and think no. Obviously that wasn’t the thought process for these drivers

Not even close to being able to do that. They let him out with a decker. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been in that very garage with an artic (A33 southbound between Reading and Basingstoke).

I came the opposite way to him and used the other pump and that was tight enough with a twin axle trailer, the only way out would to have reverse back off the pumps once the BMW had moved !!

I wouldn’t attempt it again though !!

If reversing is the only option then it’s the only option so why do these numptys crap themselves doing it!?!?! It can only be down to lack of experience, something we all had once upon a time but the only way to get that experience is to actually do it.
Same with blind sides that even experienced drivers crap themselves over. The more you do it, the better you get and one day you’ll need it…

Bit of a poor design really for HGVs to fuel up at. More of an after thought to stick a couple of pumps in.

Even so surely some inkling of alarm bells must have gone in drivers head when starting to turn left!

if it went in with no damage it should come out the same… simples :bulb: :wink:

Trolley jack under back axle

Still a shame people always shaming HGV drivers when they make a mistake. . . Would love to see half the car drivers out there who have nothing better to do than complain and criticise HGV drivers, actually do the job for a week! At least if you screw up in a car, it’s usually a simple case of turn around in the road or back out of a tight spot but it gets a bit more complicated with a large vehicle.
I been in tough spots before and it’s very easy to get flustered or forget everything you know as sometimes just reversing out is not an option and you gotta go balls deep and hope for the best!
Hopefully the guy got out of that spot without much repercussion and learned by it. . . And that folks, is my little rant for the day :laughing:

dcgpx:
Bit of a poor design really for HGVs to fuel up at. More of an after thought to stick a couple of pumps in.

Even so surely some inkling of alarm bells must have gone in drivers head when starting to turn left!

I used to use the BP app where you can select it to only show you stations that have an HGV fuel lane. I quickly gave up on it when I realised half of them you could only get into if you found somewhere to drop your trailer first, others had canopies I couldn’t get under etc etc

I just went back to using motorway service ones and planning that into my day when I needed fuel.

Scraggy88:
Still a shame people always shaming HGV drivers when they make a mistake. . . Would love to see half the car drivers out there who have nothing better to do than complain and criticise HGV drivers, actually do the job for a week! At least if you screw up in a car, it’s usually a simple case of turn around in the road or back out of a tight spot but it gets a bit more complicated with a large vehicle.
I been in tough spots before and it’s very easy to get flustered or forget everything you know as sometimes just reversing out is not an option and you gotta go balls deep and hope for the best!
Hopefully the guy got out of that spot without much repercussion and learned by it. . . And that folks, is my little rant for the day :laughing:

I understand what your saying and yes we all make mistakes and yes the people looking and laughing who have never driven a truck make mistakes. But there’s a mistakes and then there’s stupidity and this is one of those where it’s certainly on the line between the 2 if not crossed it. How far do you need to go to realise it’s not going to go round that?

Hmm…
Driver gets his lorry well and truly stuck, but doesn’t actually damage anything.
Recovery ‘has to’ cause damage, or decides causing the damage is the most ‘practical and cost effective’ way to fix the situation…

Does that count as an accident for the original driver?

nomiS36:
Agency [emoji2958]

Yep. That’s why he hasn’t taken the pumps out and will make it round the island.