Working 15 hours daily for 4 days. Is it possible?

Hello everyone.
I need some help with working time. I worked:
Monday 14:00-05:00=15 hours
Reduced daily rest 9 hours
Tuesday 14:00-05:00=15 hours
Wednesday 14:00-05:00=15 hours
Reduced daily rest 9 hours.

My question is:
Can I work Thursday for 15 hours and have a daily rest of 11 hours or more? Is this legal since I have only had reduced rests between Monday and start of work Thursday?

Or does it mean if I work 15 hours on Thursday it automatically becomes a 9 hour reduced rest making it 4 in the week?

Please help. Thank you

No, you would need to work less than 13 to allow you to fit in 11hrs rest before your 24h is up. 24h starts from your shift start

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Only possible if you have 3 hours continuous rest during the day, I think, so a 9hr daily rest would count as a full 11hr.

Franglais:
Only possible if you have 3 hours continuous rest during the day, I think, so a 9hr daily rest would count as a full 11hr.

Same thoughts here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my understanding, and I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than me will corect me if I’m wrong

From the point you start work, the 24 hour clock is ticking. Before that 24 hours is up, you have to complete 11 hours of rest. If you work for 13 hours and one minute, you cannot complete 11 hours rest before the 24 hours is up, therefore you’re in a reduced rest. This you can only do three times a week (midnight sunday/monday to midnight sunday/monday).

However, like Franglais said, you can split your daily rests by having a 3 hour uninterrupted break during your shift and a 9 hour rest at the end. You can do this as often as you like. Why youd want to though, I dont know.

kuku:
Hello everyone.

My question is:
Can I work Thursday for 15 hours and have a daily rest of 11 hours or more? Is this legal since I have only had reduced rests between Monday and start of work Thursday?

Or does it mean if I work 15 hours on Thursday it automatically becomes a 9 hour reduced rest making it 4 in the week?

Regardless of how much rest you have after the shift if you work more than 13 hours from the start of the shift you’re having a reduced daily rest period.

The only exceptions to this is as has been said to have 3 or more consecutive hours rest during the shift so it’s a split daily rest period, you can then work up-to 15 hours from the start of the shift.

The other exception is of course if you’re multi-manning.

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods and as you’ve had 3 already you cannot legally have another one until after a weekly rest period.

Mores to the point… why would you want to do that? I mean theres grabbing money and theres putting yourself into an early grave.

tachograph:

kuku:
Hello everyone.

My question is:

Regardless of how much rest you have after the shift if you work more than 13 hours from the start of the shift you’re having a reduced daily rest period.

The only exceptions to this is as has been said to have 3 or more consecutive hours rest during the shift so it’s a split daily rest period, you can then work up-to 15 hours from the start of the shift.

The other exception is of course if you’re multi-manning.

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods and as you’ve had 3 already you cannot legally have another one until after a weekly rest period.

Have I gotten the 10 hour drives and reduced rests the wrong way round? I know one resets on the sunday night whilst the other resets after a weekly rest.

To be fair, working monday to friday and having the weekend off means it doesnt matter, but it’s useful to know.

Nite Owl:

tachograph:

Have I gotten the 10 hour drives and reduced rests the wrong way round? I know one resets on the sunday night whilst the other resets after a weekly rest.

To be fair, working monday to friday and having the weekend off means it doesnt matter, but it’s useful to know.

Yes you have got them the wrong way round, you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods and you can have 2 extended daily driving periods (10 hour drives) per week.

Nite Owl:
However, like Franglais said, you can split your daily rests by having a 3 hour uninterrupted break during your shift and a 9 hour rest at the end. You can do this as often as you like. Why youd want to though, I dont know.

Usually container boys do it.

Ken.

(1)Poor wages for a poor company
(2) your absolutely desperate for cash
(3) Living to work and and not working to live because you have no social life (not surprised doing them hours)
(4) Trying to impress the Boss man

Which :question: :question:

lolipop:
(3) Living to work and and not working to live because you have no social life (not surprised doing them hours)

1. Didn’t pay any attention during the numerous times drivers’ hours rules was taught in DCPC.

And people still say there’s nothing in the courses of any value.

Its stupid if you ask me… it should be between shifts

For example
Monday i worked 0400 - 1730 (reduced)
Tuesday 0700-1800
Wednesday 0300-1400 (so reduced tuesday)
Thursday 0300-1500 (regular wed thurs)
Yet i was felt more refreshed on the reduced rests
I believe you feel more refreshed if you have the hours off between shifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another 2 weeks for the price of one week merchant, it’s always good to have people to take up the slack

Sidevalve:

lolipop:

1. Didn’t pay any attention during the numerous times drivers’ hours rules was taught in DCPC.

(6.) On way to falling asleep at wheel/first heart attack/total burn out …or maybe all 3. :unamused:
Seen it many times over the years, no plans to sample any of the 3 myself. :smiley:

Im doing a split rest today , arrived 14.30 , load
Not ready until 19.00 , there always handy to
Have if you’ve already used your 15 ,s for
The week
Mon 4.30 - 19.15
Tues 4.15- 19.15
We’d 6- 19.00
Thurs 6 - 20.00 ( hopefully , maybe 21.00
Fri 6 - 21 .00 ( the way it looks , but hopefully
Earlier , but mostly home )
Some , me & op have to work for a
Living

Perhaps he can do 4 on 3 off so can earn decent money and have a home life.
As said only can do 4x15 if you can get an uninterrupted 3 break on one of the days.

dozy:
The week
Mon 4.30 - 19.15
Tues 4.15- 19.15
We’d 6- 19.00
Living

Or just work smarter for a decent company and get 46k a year for an average 56hr week :unamused: :smiley:

dozy:
The week
Mon 4.30 - 19.15
Tues 4.15- 19.15
We’d 6- 19.00
Living

If you HAVE to do all that just to make a living, I’d be taking stock of things if it was me.
Sounds like your planner is taking the ■■■■ AGAIN doze.
Excessive hours, followed by lay by parking, Mars bars and Red Bull for evening meal I would guess…Living the dream eh?

I do 4on4off and quite often work four 15 hour days or close to 15 hour days, especially if I’m on the ferry from holyhead or can get my three hour spread in.
I chill at every tip and loading, no stress.

If I’m in the wagon I might as well earn money rather than watch telly in a box for hours on end, plus I have loads of home life with my shift, three nights in a, wagon five nights at home.

I do have a complete nervous breakdown if I’m asked to cover an extra days shift though, as they know me it doesn’t happen very often:lol: