Bulk powder tanker job

So I have been asked to go for an interview for a bulk powder tanker class 1 job.
Any advice on this type of work?
I have had my class 1 for 7 years but never been in a tractor unit since my test, so will be rusty but more concerned about the bulk powder job than the driving aspect of the job.
Any advice much appreciated

Nice one re getting this far.

I am trying to get on to Bulk Powder at the mo.

PLease do post an update and let us know how you get on

Good luck with your interview!!

There have been posts on this forum before about getting started on bulk powder work … there are a couple of members on here that do / have done powder work … try using the search button :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155616&p=2492990&hilit=Bulk+powder#p2492990

Listen to the guy that trains you!!
Get it right, the proper way before listening to drivers that will try and show you shortcuts.
A lot depends whether you are doing tippers/ belly’s etc and what sort of product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just focus on having a safe assessment drive and the right attitude in interview. I doubt any company would expect you to know the unloading procedure unless you’ve told them in the application that you have previous experience. They will train you in all of that if you impress enough in the interview.

The jobs great once you get the hang of it. Deffo give it a go mate.

I used to do the job for Norberts when i lived in Belgium.It’s good clean work.As said above do as you are trained and don’t take short cuts in their procedures.