3 month hol

Where does everyone ( agency ) go
For jan / feb / March on holiday ?
Nb apologies in advance if I’ve upset
Any company drivers

Australia, NZ, Alps skiing. The possibilities are endless.

Jan - spent furiously faking tax returns to submit.
Feb - down the pub
Mar - hiding under the bed after HMRC send back a letter saying they don’t believe them and they actually owe £20K.

Apr to Dec - desperately trying to work every hour to pay off the tax bill while eating beans on toast.

Or if like when I did it, cant afford a holiday on tenner an hour but on PAYE I knew the tax man was unlikely to come knocking. Same as when employed like now.

January is normally fairly busy with the agency I’m with, work tends to fall away a bit in February, there is still work available but not for the best rates but by then I have normally hit my savings target so I just go away somewhere on the boat.

dozy:
Any company drivers

The PUB :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

How about Benidorm for the beer? :unamused:
Or Thailand for the Ladyboys.

As for Stobarts pseudo/sham agency, your just a disposable bum on a seat.
I do hope your settings aside a little bit of what you are earning to cover the quiet times

peirre:
As for Stobarts pseudo/sham agency, your just a disposable bum on a seat.
I do hope your settings aside a little bit of what you are earning to cover the quiet times

I think that’s the whole point of agency work though, you grab the money when it is there and then go off and do your thing when it isn’t. Obviously this doesn’t suit everyone, and for many years it wouldn’t have suited me, but if you get the chance in later life to shift your work/life balance then it seems to work out fine. It’s certainly better than being one of those full-time employees who is told when they can and can’t take their annual leave (“November or February? Fine! July or August? Forget it!!!”)

Because quarry tipper work normally tails off in the New Year my last boss used to go to OZ for a couple of months.

Pete.

dozy:
Any company drivers

You can’t go on holiday because you have spent your fake holiday pay each week to top up your wages.
As for 3 months hol you will have to wait until comrade Corbyn gets in for that lifestyle matey

idrive:

dozy:
Any company drivers

You can’t go on holiday because you have spent your fake holiday pay each week to top up your wages.
As for 3 months hol you will have to wait until comrade Corbyn gets in for that lifestyle matey

Not quite sure about this, my holiday pay is the same as any other employee on PAYE, I take it as a lump sum when I finish work, typically in February, and it’s normally around £1,200 nett.

And of course anyone can take as much time off work as they want if they aren’t addicted to the designer clothing/ 42" plasma screen/ latest mobile phone lifestyle. :wink:

Harry Monk:

idrive:

dozy:
Any company drivers

Not quite sure about this, my holiday pay is the same as any other employee on PAYE, I take it as a lump sum when I finish work, typically in February, and it’s normally around £1,200 nett.

And of course anyone can take as much time off work as they want if they aren’t addicted to the designer clothing/ 42" plasma screen/ latest mobile phone lifestyle. :wink:

Most aren’t as sensible as you Harry and you have a nice set-up with your boat, I am envious.
Showing your age with the 42" though mate, people have those in their toilets now :smiley:

Of course as a lowly company driver, I cannot afford to go on holiday either as I am only paid a basic 40 hour week for holidays, with no 35 hours overtime and no nights out :laughing:

Harry Monk:
I think that’s the whole point of agency work though, you grab the money when it is there and then go off and do your thing when it isn’t. Obviously this doesn’t suit everyone, and for many years it wouldn’t have suited me, but if you get the chance in later life to shift your work/life balance then it seems to work out fine. It’s certainly better than being one of those full-time employees who is told when they can and can’t take their annual leave (“November or February? Fine! July or August? Forget it!!!”)

Remember it’s Dopey where discussing, so the financial logic went out the window when he signed up with the logistics people aka Stobarts pseudo agency with their pay structure.

we have a similar outlook regarding agency work, and the work/life balance, which is why I’ve been a limper for so long. The agency give me a similar amount of holiday pay which I build up to pay for various holidays and stuff. Atm I have 4 holidays booked between now and January inc Benidorm, Ypres for Armistice, 2 weeks 5* all inclusive in Cyprus for Christmas, and a week in Algarve for Carnival. Having no dependants, kids etc mean I don’t have to work myself to death to get the rewards

Working. The 3 month lull post Xmas hasn’t happened now for me for the last 3 years and where I’m at the agency on nights are the first ones back working after Xmas shutdown. Bit of a shock to the system I have to say.

idrive:
Most aren’t as sensible as you Harry and you have a nice set-up with your boat, I am envious.
Showing your age with the 42" though mate, people have those in their toilets now :smiley:

Of course as a lowly company driver, I cannot afford to go on holiday either as I am only paid a basic 40 hour week for holidays, with no 35 hours overtime and no nights out :laughing:

Isnt here an average holiday rule now. Any payments you would normally receive in a working week you now get whilst on holiday.

I hear Aleppo is nice and sunny at this time of year , when you book it , ask the travel agent for a one way ticket.
No internet there , so we can all get a break from your pathetic postings of what are Knights of Old like to work for .Ta .
Or the numerous companies you keep asking about .Ta .
Just pack a bullet proof jacket.

Nite Owl:

idrive:

Isnt here an average holiday rule now. Any payments you would normally receive in a working week you now get whilst on holiday.

Yes, if you regularly work overtime your holiday pay should include this. But not your Night Out money as that is reimbursing you for expenses incurred…

Roymondo:

Nite Owl:

idrive:

Yes, if you regularly work overtime your holiday pay should include this. But not your Night Out money as that is reimbursing you for expenses incurred…

Would the same be true of monies paid as a ‘bonus’ rather than overtime etc?

Les Shoes:

Roymondo:

Nite Owl:

idrive:

Would the same be true of monies paid as a ‘bonus’ rather than overtime etc?

According to ACAS, “If you regularly get paid overtime, commission or bonuses, your employer must include these payments in at least 4 weeks of your paid holiday.” Their view is based squarely on what is required by law.

Roymondo:
According to ACAS, “If you regularly get paid overtime, commission or bonuses, your employer must include these payments in at least 4 weeks of your paid holiday.” Their view is based squarely on what is required by law.

Well worth knowing, thank you