Travis Perkins reversing upto a horse

Wtf goes through somebody’s mind that this is a good idea.
This was shared on the Travis Perkins Facebook page although it were soon taken down.
Wonder why?

facebook.com/44496098218090 … 11?sfns=mo

Hmm ,is there more to it than that though ?

Punchy Dan:

Yeah I suppose your right.
A teenage ■■■■■■■ a horse must have been totally in the wrong to make a professional truck driver act the way they did.

i think thats the first time ive EVER agreed with chester :exclamation:

no excuse for that bit of driving, obviously intended to intimidate the rider or scare the horse. i cant think of anything the rider could have done to excuse that.

qwakers:
i think thats the first time ive EVER agreed with chester :exclamation:

no excuse for that bit of driving, obviously intended to intimidate the rider or scare the horse. i cant think of anything the rider could have done to excuse that.

Totally agree , no matter how annoying jay burners and riders are [emoji49]
They can kill their riders a if spooked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chester:

Punchy Dan:

Yeah I suppose your right.
A teenage ■■■■■■■ a horse must have been totally in the wrong to make a professional truck driver act the way they did.

I haven’t commented of the rights or wrongs , where’s the rest of the video ?

Punchy Dan:

My TNCSI guess is she gave him a bit of verbal for overtaking those parked cars at speed and getting close to her and the horse.

If so the driver’s actions are still unacceptable, in fact I can’t think of any reason his actions would be acceptable.

It is not correct behaviour. I’m not sure it’s actually an offence though, he doesn’t drive at them. If he says his intention was to reverse back and have a conversation as they shouted something at him first then it’s unprofessional, maybe disciplinary worthy etc, but not exactly criminal?

SJB:
It is not correct behaviour. I’m not sure it’s actually an offence though, he doesn’t drive at them. If he says his intention was to reverse back and have a conversation as they shouted something at him first then it’s unprofessional, maybe disciplinary worthy etc, but not exactly criminal?

Possibly not, but horses are unpredictable. I’ve seen horses who are sound in traffic, spook at the sound of an empty crisp packet blowing in the wind and vice versa. The outcome here could have very different. My own daughter has had a couple of close calls with cars. One in particular was so determined to get passed her, she nearly ended up with an 18.2 hand horse sitting on her bonnet! All that driver needed to do was wait 30 seconds and she would have got passed safely.

The story in this case, as I understand it, is the TP wagon came down the road at speed and went through the gap between the parked cars and the 2 riders. The riders indicated for the driver to slow down. I assume by waving thier arms up and down. TP driver then reversed back up the road.

Personally…

I think the ■■■■ things should be banned from every highway in the land because of their unpredictable nature and pretentious riders demanding that the whole of mankind stops for them and their precious pony called Carrot.

But, that’s not gonna happen so I duly slow down and let them dawdle past me on their way to the next episode of ‘everyone slow down for me and my horse’.

The TP driver is an idiot not just for backing up in such a confrontational manner but, not thinking that everyone has a camera these days and in less than 60 seconds the evidence of your stupidity is already lying in a file at your company’s email address.

Punchy Dan:

Oh no, I’m sure she just happened to have her phone on, recording, focused on a random lorry facing opposite the direction she was riding in originally :unamused: In the words of the great philosopher Bill Burr “can we admit that every single beating doesn’t just magically fall down from the sky?”

ETS:

Punchy Dan:

Oh no, I’m sure she just happened to have her phone on, recording, focused on a random lorry facing opposite the direction she was riding in originally :unamused: In the words of the great philosopher Bill Burr “can we admit that every single beating doesn’t just magically fall down from the sky?”

^^^^^^^^^
+1
i think the driver showed great skill by reversing back up the road in full control whilst being nowhere near the rider.
obviously she shows great control,common sense and road awareness by holding a phone in one hand and hanging onto the reins with the other.
perhaps stopping before the parked cars and using a bit of gumption would have been sensible.
as usual we dont see the previous 2 mins of video,only the bit that suits them to show.
the driver didnt reverse back to see what miss entitled was wanting for no reason.
o doubt travis perkins traffic office are having a good laugh with the driver despite their public reply.

Maybe reversing up to horses is part of their weeks’ residential training course, required to deliver bricks and cement?

Are you allowed to use a mobile phone on a horse ?

Sent from a So-Neigh Experia :laughing:

Well, looks like someone is going to lose their job. Not defending the driver, just a reminder to not give in to provocations

ravis Perkins have been very responsive in dealing with this matter (thanks to so many shares), they DO NOT condone this driving behaviour and have taken this very seriously and are complying with the Police investigation.

I lost the response from TP but basically it contained the phrase “unacceptable conduct” which means a nearly guaranteed sack.

Punchy Dan:

Come on man…

This is a ■■■■■■■ a horse and she could get thrown off. He’s a “professional” bell end oh sorry I mean driver working for a company that’s so utterly obsessed with health and safety that you can’t get on your trailer bed, does it really make a difference what happened before? How much can she have actually done on a horse? Whatever happened before he should have been able to rise above it.

Rowley010:

Punchy Dan:

Come on man…

This is a ■■■■■■■ a horse and she could get thrown off. He’s a “professional” bell end oh sorry I mean driver working for a company that’s so utterly obsessed with health and safety that you can’t get on your trailer bed, does it really make a difference what happened before? How much can she have actually done on a horse? Whatever happened before he should have been able to rise above it.

You along with the others seem to be reading too far in to what I’ve said ,I’am not defending the driver but just would like to see what triggered him to reverse , simple .
May be she was worth giving one and he wanted a second look :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
May be she was worth giving one and he wanted a second look :laughing:

I can assure you this was not the case :laughing:

perhaps, he was looking again as he could not believe she was that bad,

by yourhavingalarf » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:30 am

Personally…

I think the ■■■■ things should be banned from every highway in the land because of their unpredictable nature and pretentious riders

A bit like most drivers, is that what you ment :unamused: