Pet hates

Pet hates… simple everyday things which pi@@ you off out of all proportion to the action…

So…

(Usually) Car, camper drivers who park in the middle of the layby so that your ar@e is out if you pull in behind, but you can’t get in in front. … and will they move forward? Will they £$%^&.

Do the ■■■■■■■ idiot lorry drivers who stop for their break right on the entrance of the lay-by not ■■■■ you off? because they certainly do me.

Any driver that does not keep a safe distance to the vehicle in front.
lorry drivers who can only see the faults of others and not their own.
drivers with bad attitude and no manners.

“Rubber band” cars…drive just slightly slower than you, when you get close behind them and start planning an overtake they’ll speed up ever so slightly and get away from you, then slow down again until you’re close and about to overtake, repeat ad infinitum.

dave docwra:
Do the [zb] idiot lorry drivers who stop for their break right on the entrance of the lay-by not ■■■■ you off? because they certainly do me.

Just a thought,what if the lay-by was full when he/she pulled in and half way through his/ her break the lay-by emptied just before you wanted to get in,making in your eyes the the driver of the offending vehicle is a prat. In my days that had happened many a time.
Do you spoil your break and start again after you pull up the lay-by or not :question: :question:

lolipop:
Just a thought,what if the lay-by was full when he/she pulled in and half way through his/ her break the lay-by emptied just before you wanted to get in,making in your eyes the the driver of the offending vehicle is a prat. In my days that had happened many a time.
Do you spoil your break and start again after you pull up the lay-by or not :question: :question:

Oh cmon, you can move a few meters without losing your break progress, you know that. I hate ubers and other taxis who use laybys as waiting stands.

My pet hates having things shoved up its backside.

DadsRetired:

Not everything :wink:

Those that have no idea where back of vehicle is and simple pull in about a foot in front of you

Those who have no idea how to join glowing traffic from a slip road then get arsey cos YOU didn’t slow down when they look over at last 10 feet and panic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETS:
“Rubber band” cars…drive just slightly slower than you, when you get close behind them and start planning an overtake they’ll speed up ever so slightly and get away from you, then slow down again until you’re close and about to overtake, repeat ad infinitum.

But why would you get close behind them? Try easing off a little. It’s less stressful and far safer.

Car drivers who sit alongside my lorry, even though I’ve got my indicator on and can clearly see the obstruction in my lane that I’m rapidly catching up to.

toonsy:

DadsRetired:

Not everything :wink:

KW.png

Nite Owl:
Car drivers who sit alongside my lorry, even though I’ve got my indicator on and can clearly see the obstruction in my lane that I’m rapidly catching up to.

Nite Owl I am not sure if you are on a wind up but if you are not you are clearly lacking the rules of the road.

Pet hates, where do I start. :unamused:

My favourite…You tossers who nearly overtake me and just about polish my grille as you cut in, because you… quote; ‘‘Don’t need flashed in, because you know EXACTLY where the back of your trailer is’’ :unamused:
Newsflash, so do the rest of us that can actually drive an artic, but we tend to leave you a bit more room whether you flash us in or not you ■■■■ cretins. :imp:

Self appointed traffic marshalls who ignore the ‘‘Use both lanes’’ and ‘‘Merge in turn’’ signs, but you prefer to hold back the traffic at the half mile marker, thus making the queue twice as long…arse holes.

Self appointed traffic police, ringing up the real Police if they consider you are doing something wrong…and end up committing offences themselves why they concentrate on you and not their own driving.

Those in cars who blast their horns at you when you have done nowt wrong, because they do not understand the Highway Code.

Idiot truck drivers who you allow to join the carriageway, and rather than back off a couple of clicks, leave you hanging in the midle lane alongside them like a spare prick.

Selfish overnight parkers in limited space places, who do not back right up to the start of the double yellows, thus taking up 1 and a half spaces and preventing me from parking up and going into town for a pint and a meal, so I have to park in some isolated crap hole instead, and do my hermit thing sat in the ■■■■ cab.

Dicks who take their breaks on fuel pumps, or do not pull forward a few feet when filled up, for the guy behind.

Middle lane hoggers …especially in road works sat in lane 2 at 35 mph.

(All the above (that concern truckers). have just come about in the last 10 to 12 yrs or so, when it came about that being a complete d/head was no longer a disqualification preventing you from obtaining a Class 1 licence…is my own observation.)

Kisss arses, brown nosers and yes men :imp: … that spoil things for the rest of us at work.

Non job types in authority who are paid more than me for doing the next best thing to ■■■■ all.

Firms who treat their own drivers like somewhere between a necessary evil, and 2nd class citizens…I work for one of them.

I strangely feel cleansed and much better after unloading that. :laughing:

jakethesnake:

ETS:

But why would you get close behind them? Try easing off a little. It’s less stressful and far safer.

Maybe some drivers need to make up time, or need to get back to the yard, or don’t like doing 47 in a 50, or…

I doubt you have ever driven a wagon Chief.

robroy:
Pet hates, where do I start. :unamused:

My favourite…You tossers who nearly overtake me and just about polish my grille as you cut in, because you… quote; ‘‘Don’t need flashed in, because you know EXACTLY where the back of your trailer is’’ :unamused:
Newsflash, so do the rest of us that can actually drive an artic, but we tend to leave you a bit more room whether you flash us in or not you [zb] cretins. :imp:

Self appointed traffic marshalls who ignore the ‘‘Use both lanes’’ and ‘‘Merge in turn’’ signs, but you prefer to hold back the traffic at the half mile marker, thus making the queue twice as long…arse holes.

Self appointed traffic police, ringing up the real Police if they consider you are doing something wrong…and end up committing offences themselves why they concentrate on you and not their own driving.

Those in cars who blast their horns at you when you have done nowt wrong, because they do not understand the Highway Code.

Idiot truck drivers who you allow to join the carriageway, and rather than back off a couple of clicks, leave you hanging in the midle lane alongside them like a spare prick.

Selfish overnight parkers in limited space places, who do not back right up to the start of the double yellows, thus taking up 1 and a half spaces and preventing me from parking up and going into town for a pint and a meal, so I have to park in some isolated crap hole instead, and do my hermit thing sat in the [zb] cab.

Dicks who take their breaks on fuel pumps, or do not pull forward a few feet when filled up, for the guy behind.

Middle lane hoggers …especially in road works sat in lane 2 at 35 mph.

(All the above (that concern truckers). have just come about in the last 10 to 12 yrs or so, when it came about that being a complete d/head was no longer a disqualification preventing you from obtaining a Class 1 licence…is my own observation.)

Kisss arses, brown nosers and yes men :imp: … that spoil things for the rest of us at work.

Non job types in authority who are paid more than me for doing the next best thing to [zb] all.

Firms who treat their own drivers like somewhere between a necessary evil, and 2nd class citizens…I work for one of them.

I strangely feel cleansed and much better after unloading that. :laughing:

Good list there robroy :smiley:

Graffiti that is misspelled.

Drivers of ANY class of vehicle who treat other road users with complete disdain, I see them perform actions in front of me that they wouldn’t dream of doing if I was in a fully marked police car following them. This tells me that they have total disdain for me and other road users and I’d happily watch them burn to death in the wreckage of their vehicles.

I got one…truck drivers flashing in cars after being overtaken, especially annoying at night

eagerbeaver:

jakethesnake:

ETS:

Maybe some drivers need to make up time, or need to get back to the yard, or don’t like doing 47 in a 50, or…

I doubt you have ever driven a wagon Chief.

Any of the reasons you mention are not an excuse to get to close to the vehicle in front.
If you think they are then I would question your truck driving ability.

As far as driving trucks I probably drove one when you were still ■■■■■■■■ your pants.
I can also tell you the said problem did not occur before speed limiters were introduced.
It all goes to show how little self control exists amongst drivers these days.

Car drivers coming from the right on roundabouts, not indicating, and then shooting off left, meaning I have to stop for nothing. That’s probably my top pet hate.

Also, when the cones go into one lane, cars that are on my tail, instead of dropping in behind, they accelerate past, dive in front, then hit their brakes taking me from 50 to 40 or less, and going through the whole roadworks at a much lower speed than I would have liked.

Cars squeezing through gaps down the side of me where I’ve deliberately had to take 2 lanes, or cars trying to overtake me on small roundabouts.