Aldi or Tesco?

Have been offered jobs for both aldi and Tesco and just looking for opinions on who finds the better to work for? Havent done any supermarket work before so not sure the money is similar and there both night positions…

Shelf stacking or goods inwards ?

All the depots are a little different in the way they are run and what is expected of you by the management.

If you want to spend half your day sorting out the warehouse and loading trailers and you don’t mind a bit of graft then Aldi.

If you want a nice unionised number which has the atmosphere of a holiday camp then Tesco.

Both pay around the same one you will earn it the other you steal it.

If you want any more you need to be specific on location, we’re good but not psychic.

I’d go aldi.

But if you want a challenge try co-op.
They buy up old buildings in the middle of nowhere and love sending 35ft+ artics into little villages.
Hilarious thing is they won’t send the 28t rigid anywhere that a 44ft wont fit as the rear swing keeps knocking stuff over. :grimacing:

That being said. Tesco if you like to sit in your cab alot.
Aldi if you like a bit of exercise.

I know a chap worked 11 years for Morrisons. Left last year and went to Aldi, lasted 9 weeks.now he is on containers!!

Is the job on the books or via an agency?

Aldi I would think,they are expanding where as Tesco are shrinking

I worked for Aldi for almost a year and hated it. The culture there was so awful I ended up walking out. Now work for Tesco and it’s the easiest job I’ve ever had. While the hourly rate was more with Aldi, it was a flat rate with no overtime, no premium for weekends or bank holidays. I now earn more for doing less. The only good thing with Aldi was the shift pattern 5 on 3 off.

TESCO trucks are limited at 48-50 mph. I wouldn’t drive them unless you like being overtaken and laughed at by every single vehicle on the m-way including those driven by humans wearing hi-viz vests. De Germans will bleed you dry on the other hand, working for them plays right into the hands of the enemy. Besides, B J said there’s going to be a no deal B. I fully expect him to kick those super efficient, low cost supermarkets all the way back to Berlin and hand over their market shares to the good old British ones.

I worked for Tesco ~5 years ago (just .com & warehouse) and saw the budget cuts, contract changes and pressure they put on their store staff including .com van drivers, but the distribution side seemed to be less effected. Good news if it’s still a good place to drive HGV for.

All the Tesco drivers I used to speak to (whilst doing warehouse shifts) seemed relaxed and happy with their jobs, I always used to ask as I always thought I might be doing their job one day (I am getting closer…) :smiley:

I’ve done Tesco work but only at a Stobart operated site through an agency, a couple of the Stobart guys I worked with went to work at Aldi and they are still there, they like the 5 on 3 off pattern and they are on a much better hourly rate
Tesco contract drivers are on a different and I assume, more attractive, package than the Stobart drivers doing the same work so I can’t comment about that.

WhiskyBoy13:
Have been offered jobs for both aldi and Tesco and just looking for opinions on who finds the better to work for? Havent done any supermarket work before so not sure the money is similar and there both night positions…

The painfully obvious answer mate is …Who is paying the better rate for the better t.s and c.s.
They surely must have told you at the interviews. :neutral_face: