Matrix signs showing duff info!

All the way down the M40 this morning the matrix signs have shown A34 south closed , even up to the last one before jct9
I’m now on A34 south of Didcot and not a sign of a closure [emoji49] in fact it was peddle to the metal all the way down as some had believed them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep i saw that too as i’m doing nights this week. I carried on down M40 to next junction where Oxford services are and took the A40 into Oxford. To be fair there’s very little time difference in going either route into Oxford

I think a lot of the time they seem to be given a timetable by the roadworks people then it gets changed. See it a heck of a lot at night with x closed then nothing actually shut.

Either that or someone wanted a clear run home and set the signs to clear the traffic. :slight_smile:

i heard it was closed at cheivley just before the m4.

If you see something like that phone up Highways Agency on 0300 123 5000 and tell them. They’ll then check with the CCTV and alter the signs.

who on earth could possibly be an ■■■■ road commander enough to even contemplate stopping somewhere to do that?..oh. :open_mouth:

Conor:
If you see something like that phone up Highways Agency on 0300 123 5000 and tell them. They’ll then check with the CCTV and alter the signs.

Done it many a time, and they do act on it.

Ken.