Why does Scania hate cup holders?

adam277:
Scania has some great cup holders.
They are almost always an optional extra though.
The poverty spec scania you are driving is pretty crap though. I usually make a cupholder by using old sello-tape reels.

Daf are the worst the proper cheap ones have no cup holders and very few cubby holes so the paper work just flies about and I never have anywhere to place something within easy reach.

You’re probably right about it being a spec issue. I’ve driven rigid Scanias for 3 different local companies and thought it was a make specific thing but then I realized they all bought them form the same dealer :smiley: who probably just supplied the cheapest ones. The only cupholder I have is inside the drawer that’s under the bed but still hard to use as it sits behind my shoulder.

I haven’t had any issues with DAFs (yeah cup holders are a bit…American-sized) for paperwork I used the net at the rear of the (day)cab. There was also space for a phone behind the parking brake and a power socket, handy for someone with a crap phone whose battery only lasts a day on standby. Also DAFs driving score system is much easier to please than Scania