A sat nav question

Ok so I have talked my self out of buying either a tom tom professional or a Garmin dezl truck sat nav and would prefer to use an app on my phone. Main reason is it’s something extra to lug about with me in an already full bag lol.

What’s peoples preferred app for a truck sat nav on their phones.

Have tried a few and not sure what’s the best. Used free trials on:

Co pilot
Sygic truck

I do wish waze had an option for truck as I like how it looks and I also like google maps as it shows traffic on it.

Help a fellow trucker out [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I use copilot and think its spot on. That said honestly on my regular routes that I know well I’ll use google maps to double check if a little unsure of the actual drop and waze for traffic and warning me of fuzz hiding with a speed trap.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve had a Garmin Dezl (not sure which model) truck nav for just over two years now. So far, it’s never tried to take me under a low bridge (has a feature where you can programme the dimensions of your truck, like the height, width, length, etc). However, it did try to take me down a gravel track leading off the A84 south of Doune, barely wide enough for a Fiat 500, never mind an artic!

Otherwise, a pretty good truck sat nav.

I bought Sygic truck when they first introduced it. Back then it was only available on Android so I used it on a cheap Tesco tablet that was laying about unused at home. The nav was good but the tablet wasn’t, very laggy. I tried to get them to allow me to use the code on my iPad when they started doing it for Apple but they wouldn’t. They said I’d have to pay for it again.
I now have a truck with it built in so don’t use it anymore.

CoPilot all the way if you want an app. Never had an issue with it at all. I often end up loading co-pilot up and following that over my garmin because it has more practical routes. Issue with Garmin is the postcode search it will take you right to the centre of that postcode. Often it’s tried to take me down roads I can’t go down…so I end up having to use the map and changing location of the blue marker where as co pilot it gives you the options of the roads on that postcode.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You can potentially just use google maps and spend £15-20 on a good up to date truck atlas and you’ll get by just fine with the 2.

Please…

Let us all know when you’ve got it down to only 5 shunts.

yourhavingalarf:
Please…

Let us all know when you’ve got it down to only 5 shunts.

During the war …