Parking fines

Currently agency at the moment.

If I got a parking ticket as an agency bod I wouldn’t be liable right?
I presume they could ask the agency who might deduct it from my pay check.

Just curious as I know with full time drivers most have to cough up.

Fines are constructed these days around the notion that “If you argue the toss/appeal - you end up paying more”.

If they’ve got you bang to rights, then just pay the fine, no quibble. If a client or agency gets the notion that “you don’t pay fines because you’re agency” - then guess who’s gonna be getting a whole lot less work in future? :exclamation:

adam277:

What does your contract with agency say?
If a fine comes by post to registered owner of vehicle I’ll bet they will charge the agency who supplied the driver. And I’ll bet that agency will be contacting the individual who was at the wheel.
Any half-arsed outfit won’t have any of that left to chance.

adam277:

Unless it was something like a London delivery where they know its a problem to park and accept parking tickets as part of doing business for that delivery then you’re liable as the driver. You could refuse to pay it but what is likely to happen is the client pays it, and unless the agency has a clause in their terms of business with the client the agency reimburses their client and then you’ll get asked to sign something so they can take it out of your pay unless you’re self employed or limited in which case they’ll just deduct it.

It would be then up to you to fight for the money back.

I’ve managed to go my entire lorry driving career without ever getting one so I could be wrong.

That’s fine I’m using a class 2 only agency anyway. :smiley:

I haven’t got one but just curious.
Just done a day delivering to small newsagents in London. Zero parking, red routes and drivers have to pay the parking fines.

Good job apart from that haha.

Just taken a load on to Lambeth then found out we have to pay £112 in zone charges what a ■■■■■■■ scandal

adam277:
That’s fine I’m using a class 2 only agency anyway. :smiley:

I haven’t got one but just curious.
Just done a day delivering to small newsagents in London. Zero parking, red routes and drivers have to pay the parking fines.

Good job apart from that haha.

Job that good? Amazing no one has taken it on permanently.

Considering the fine is minimum £65 for red route etc I’d say it’s a crap job if you have to pay it. Delivering in London sometimes there is just no choice but to get a ticket, our firm passes the cost on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Our lot pass the cost on. Just call up as it’s being written so they can pass on the message.

Tbf anything in Westminster I’ve never had an issue and all wardens ive come across have been sound. They can see who is doing their job etc barring the odd exception of course

If you go to london or any city centre for a delivery. And there’s lines no ware legal to.park I ring the office tell.them .Let them decide if they tell me to park there there paying any fines if any are occurred.
Maybe record the phone call as easy.enough to do

Also when I was on agency I kept a dairy of my hours and every day wrote the reg down.

And if they do ever happen to say you have a fine ask for the letter and proof
Double check your diary make sure it was you.
And I’d guess once you’ve accepted lialibty they will deduct it from your next wage packet