Metcalfe Farms

M90 south lunchtime today,still closed.

Having a bad day. :open_mouth:

Would love to know how the hell it happened.

Supertruckers in the house!!!

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Never trust those industrial size cable tiesā€¦

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is it a case of pay peanuts get monkeys?

ROADRANGER:

Not with Metcalfes it aint ā€¦

I guess that everybody will be craning their necks as they pass the sceneā€¦ :smiley:

In the strong TN.CSI tradition of leaping to conclusions on the scantest evidenceā€¦What width is that trailer?
Looks like a military spec Terex 35t crane? Width of 2.85m if that is so. IF it`s a standard width trailer those wide all terrain tyres would have been hanging over the edges. And those tyres are designed to be flexible for AT use, even when both side walls are supported, they give a lot, with only the inner wall supported?
But having said, (guessed and speculated) all that, on a straight motorwayā€¦dunno.

Tn CSI risk of youtu.be/zrK5u5W8afc ?

njl:
Tn CSI risk of youtu.be/zrK5u5W8afc ?

:smiley:

Franglais:
In the strong TN.CSI tradition of leaping to conclusions on the scantest evidenceā€¦What width is that trailer?
Looks like a military spec Terex 35t crane? Width of 2.85m if that is so. IF it`s a standard width trailer those wide all terrain tyres would have been hanging over the edges. And those tyres are designed to be flexible for AT use, even when both side walls are supported, they give a lot, with only the inner wall supported?
But having said, (guessed and speculated) all that, on a straight motorwayā€¦dunno.

That was my exact thoughts when I seen the picture. From my eyes, that crane does look like it could be slightly wider than the trailer and I cans see any extension boards being used. So the tyres must have been hanging over the edges. As for the straight bit of motorway, that bit obviously is, but heā€™s going down a steep hill on that part, and on a Friday, traffic is usually heavy from lunchtime and thatā€™s where it normally starts slowing down. Maybe heā€™s realised a bit late and had to slow down quite quickly when heā€™s noticed the traffic slowing. Plus you normally get some idiot overtaking you then cutting in on front of you so they can come off at the rosyth exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other sources show other photos of the carrying vehicle. Likely that the lorry has been moved since the crane fell off, otherwise it happened whilst it was stationary. One of those insecure loads we hear about ā€¦ on the old principle that if it fell off then there wasnā€™t enough securing it.

Where did the car go that cut him up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymundo:

ROADRANGER:

For a heavy haulage outfit the pay is rubbish

ECGQtvTWsAMrwk9.jpg
Looks like he was taking his daughter out for the day.

Ian58:
Looks like he was taking his daughter out for the day.

and she doesnā€™t look happyā€¦ women, :unamused: :laughing:

Other reports appear to suggest the trailer become unattached :question:

dunfermlinepress.com/news/1 ā€¦ oses-load/

On a side note in the second pic on the otiginal post, it that Peter Smythe driving past?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Poor sod just having an epic ā– ā– ā– ā–  up day, Iā€™m just sat here being thankful it aint me, it can, and does happen to the best of us.
Iā€™m assuming nobody was hurt, or even killed, so thatā€™s all that matters in my book, the rest can be sorted.

I would have thought a firm like that would have some good proper drivers because of the nature of their work, so maybe we should not judge that unfortunate lad in question, who was maybe just unlucky.

Saw a nice motor of theirs in Melksham area the other day, a bloody great long meaty low loader, with multiple steer axles on it (you can tell I know nowt about heavy haulage :blush: :smiley: ) being pulled by a big Scania which was a left ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .
Understated simple paintwork on that truck looked better than all that graphic type stuff of Atilla The Hun and such dog sht scrawled on the sides that you see on some :unamused: ,.and it just looked a nice outfit.
First impressions they just look like a good old fashioned no frills but best of kit transport co.

El Deano:
On a side note in the second pic on the otiginal post, it that Peter Smythe driving past?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Whoever it is must be getting a night out as part of their driving test if it is

raymundo:

ROADRANGER:

Yes it is

It is an military crane, given the number plate. Someoneā€™s not going to be very happy.

Edit: these are the cranes used as flight deck cranes on the new aircraft carriers, the second of which is at Rosyth.The Terex crane on Queen Elizabeth is nicknamed ā€œTerranceā€ :laughing:

Must have been on the way there.