Tacho left on other work all night

I Left my tacho on cross hammers instead of bed from end of shift to start. So I wasted 11hrs break.
The Tacho is going nuts telling me to take break.

Is it just as simple as printing out yesterdays tacho and today’s tacho (at end of day) and writing the explanation on the back?

As u can probably tell, I’m new to LGV driving and I’m freaking out about tacho infringements,

Your kind words are appreciated

Tonymcg:
I Left my tacho on cross hammers instead of bed from end of shift to start. So I wasted 11hrs break.

Is it just as simple as printing out yesterdays tacho and today’s tacho (at end of day) and writing the explanation on the back?

As u can probably tell, I’m new to LGV driving and I’m freaking out about tacho infringements,

Yes.

TheUncaringCowboy:

Tonymcg:

Yes.

Yep.
Don’t panic.
You’ve made a ■■■■-up. You can see what it is. Print out with explanation.
Don’t make a habit of it, but don’t loose sleep over it.
Personally I always eject card as that prompts all booking on/off entries, but others don’t. Do what works for you.

I put mine on poa by accident and realised
After 1 1/2 hrs , told by management I must
Now have 11 hrs rest ( much to
The annoyance of planning ) , I was only
Due 9 hrs daily rest

Do 2 prinouts one for you to keep, one for your guvnor, and move on…no dramas, a non event.
Don’t bother your arse about tachos too much, …that is what ‘‘They’’ want you to be like to keep you on your toes. :unamused:

As long as you make a concious effort to keep things legal, cover your arse for mistakes, and don’t take the ■■■■ there is nothing they can do.
It works for me anyway.

Rob’s tell it how it is/no bs, free dcpc session…you’re welcome. :sunglasses:
I should have been a trainer. :laughing:

Remember that if they want you to sign there stupid bits of paper tell them you can’t unless they pay you for the night

If your boss tries to give you an infringement just tell him you were working all night and should have been paid an hourly rate instead of your night out money

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tonymcg:

As has been said do a couple of printouts and write an explanation on them, hand one in when your card is downloaded and keep the other with you, it won’t stop you getting an infringement but it does show that you’re aware of the mistake and it may save you a lengthy lecture from a compliance manager :grimacing:

You’re not the first driver to leave the tachograph on other work all night and you won’t be the last.

A more serious point is the fact that you’re freaking out over infringements, an infringement is simply a notice from your employer informing you that you’ve made a mistake and [when necessary] explaining what you need to do to avoid it happening again, it’s nothing more that your boss having a word with you about a mistake you’ve made, the reason you’re asked to sign infringement notices is so your employer can show that they’ve complied with their part of the regulations and informed you of your mistake, that’s really all an infringement notice is.

Obviously you should try to get as few infringements as you can but unless you’re getting them regularly it’s nothing to freak out about.

As far as the tachograph warnings are concerned just keep a record of your driving ec’t until the warnings have stopped.

tachograph:

Tonymcg:

As has been said do a couple of printouts and write an explanation on them, hand one in when your card is downloaded and keep the other with you, it won’t stop you getting an infringement but it does show that you’re aware of the mistake and it may save you a lengthy lecture from a compliance manager :grimacing:

You’re not the first driver to leave the tachograph on other work all night and you won’t be the last.

A more serious point is the fact that you’re freaking out over infringements, an infringement is simply a notice from your employer informing you that you’ve made a mistake and [when necessary] explaining what you need to do to avoid it happening again, it’s nothing more that your boss having a word with you about a mistake you’ve made, the reason you’re asked to sign infringement notices is so your employer can show that they’ve complied with their part of the regulations and informed you of your mistake, that’s really all an infringement notice is.

Obviously you should try to get as few infringements as you can but unless you’re getting them regularly it’s nothing to freak out about.

As far as the tachograph warnings are concerned just keep a record of your driving ec’t until the warnings have stopped.

That’s more or less what I said, (but you are more concise and polite. :laughing: )

I…

Royally ■■■■■■ up a manual entry and managed to show 103 hours of other duty.

Nothing happened, no kittens were harmed.

been there, done that :wink: like most say nothing to worry about unless you make a habit out of it :slight_smile:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Excellent,

Thanks very much for the replies, I’ve done what you have all suggested and the gaffer is fine with it, more or less said the same as you chaps, “we’ve all done it, dont worry about it”

Let’s hope the dvsa dont pull me lol,

Thanks

on my rare nights out,i always eject my card.can’t leave it on the wrong mode then!

Franglais:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Tonymcg:

Yes.

Yep.
Don’t panic.
You’ve made a ■■■■-up. You can see what it is. Print out with explanation.
Don’t make a habit of it, but don’t loose sleep over it.
Personally I always eject card as that prompts all booking on/off entries, but others don’t. Do what works for you.

I do this too. It creates a concrete end of one day/start of next day which works for me. Plus it’s kind if foolproof prevention for leaving it on other modes during rest talking from experience :blush:

Tonymcg:
Excellent,

Thanks very much for the replies, I’ve done what you have all suggested and the gaffer is fine with it, more or less said the same as you chaps, “we’ve all done it, dont worry about it”

Let’s hope the dvsa dont pull me lol,

Thanks

DVSA won’t give a toss, providing you’ve got printouts explaining it. They’ll see from the info it’s a ■■■■ up and won’t be bothered in the slightest as long as it’s not a regular thing.

Going abroad is slightly different depending on country as they can be more willing to alleviate you of on the spot money for stuff that isn’t even looked at over here really. At my old place they used to not give us a Euro run for 28 days if we got an infringement :open_mouth:

By the way, are you aware that it’s an offence to “fail to enter the symbols of the country where the daily work period starts or ends”, I’ve no idea how many people who leave their card in do this or whether or not the DVSA are bothered but there is a £50 fixed penalty for failing to.

tachograph:
By the way, are you aware that it’s an offence to “fail to enter the symbols of the country where the daily work period starts or ends”, I’ve no idea how many people who leave their card in do this or whether or not the DVSA are bothered but there is a £50 fixed penalty for failing to.

135euros in France…guess how I know?
Another reason I eject card at shift end, and replace it next day.

Franglais:

tachograph:

135euros in France…guess how I know?
Another reason I eject card at shift end, and replace it next day.

Would it be the same reason that the Catalan police relieved me of some cash?

CookieMonster:
If your boss tries to give you an infringement just tell him you were working all night and should have been paid an hourly rate instead of your night out money

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Well there is an infringement. Tachograph misuse. The rest can be squared off. Did it the other week cos someone interrupted me the following day when doing manual entries.

Trouble is a tacho left on other work overnight is likely to give you a drivers break infringement,drivers rest infringement, wtd infringement. So it goes on.

With tachomaster you can put in an end time and start time and limit the infringement to just one. The TM can do that for you.

At the end of the day .we are all human ,humans make mistakes ,even VOSA DVSA ETC …It happens don’t sweat …I am a tacho fitter /vehicle mechanic …I did a ROAD TEST forgot to take m card out the customers vehicle ,only realised when the following day when I went to do a roadtest I didn’t have a card ,after much thought I remembered where it was ,luckily the veh was still in the yard …Yep it went in to meltdown when I put it in the next vehicle …Honest mistake ,yes I will get away with it more than a driver as my chnces of being stopped are slim and I may do a max of 4 hours a week driving and that Is being generious
lol