Kendal A6 bridge closed for emergency repairs

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Anyone delivering to Travis Perkins :smiley:

Yep, complete nightmare. There is only one bridge from south Kendal to North Kendal and it’s shut for 3 weeks they are now saying.

If you need to be in North Kendal, (where the industrial estates are) then continue up to Jnt 37, turn left for Kendal. Poor A road for 4 or 5 miles I think, so go steady. Drop down towards town but look for an allotment on your right, 500yards beyond you must turn right. It is signed for HGV’s due to low bridge 600 yards in front of you but on a blind bend. Turn right as I said, follow through the housing estate to the T junction. Here it’s left then right going around the Duke of ■■■■■■■■■■ pub. This puts you on the A6 Shap road and nicely beyond the closed bridge.

Coming from the north and also leaving town, nothing has changed so no problems.

No need to worry am sure the closure and diversion routes will Be well sign posted and advertised.
Thanks for the advice as knowing my luck I’ll probably get sent there now

Kendal one way system always been a headache, albeit with sticky plasters applied every so often. Hard one to fix however.

Only thing I wondering is whether it moght be easier going right out of Sandylands, then left at Morrisons as its a bigger junction onto A6 and you don’t have to turn across the traffic? Plus no school traffic currently.

Alternatively from north could come off J39 and down A6 - nicer road and views but no use from south.

Easiest way is past Morrison’s head towards shap get on m6 there although if your then going South it will add on a few miles to ypur trip though

I agree with TrevHCS. Go along Sandylands road, through the housing estate that is and at the “T” junction with the Duke of ■■■■■■■■■■ pub car park in front of you, turn right. This is Appleby Road, follow this past the school on your left and take the next left at the Honda dealers. Road passes Aldi on your left and Morrisons on your right. At “T” junction turn left heading into town and Mintsfeet Ind Est or right for A6 Shap and Shap Road Ind Est.

Latest news is that it will reopen sooner than expected. I will post when it is.

Bridge repairs complete. Road is now open again as of 16.50, 4th August. :smiley:

The bridge is CLOSED again as of today, 16th August.
Divers have found more damage. No estimated date for reopening but one poster said 10 days.
I will update the group when reopen.
Diversions are once again, in place.

Have they not contacted carry :smiley: fast

There’s now a diversion to a diversion due to a bridge strike earlier this morning on Parkside Road.
“HGV diversion not affected”.

From the BBC

Victoria bridge has now reopened as of 24th August 2019.

Weather it stays open depends on river levels prior to the completion of the permanent repairs.

Any change and I’ll post it here.