Is this Normal?

Alrite.

It’s my first time working on the agency.
Previous work has all been Full time job etc.
I’ve got a every night trunk job via a agency and it’s good.
But one thing that has caught my eye in the pay slip is the MARGIN ER IN payment?I’m on PAYE also
I’ve rang and asked the finance firm doing the payroll and it’s there fee 18 plus the extra for what I couldn’t understand.
Thing is I’ve paid 82 and 72 in 2 weeks.Cheers

Cheers

I’m not sure what “ER” stands for, probably Employee or Employer something or other.

It sounds like you’re paid through an umbrella company and are having to pay them for the pleasure of working, if that’s correct you’re not on PAYE as most people would understand it.

If you cannot understand what the "finance company/umbrella company are telling you phone the agency and ask them.

What’s the name of the “finance company” who does the payroll ?

Could possibly relate to a pension scheme payment.

If you’re on…

PAYE, your firm won’t charge you for proccesing your wages. I reckon you’re on with a brolly firm and they’re taking the ■■■■ out of you by almost £350 a month.

Get 'em told…PAYE or me no worky fo you.

On my payslip there are separate lines listing the “■■■■■■■■■■■■ or total deductions
These are:
GROSS TO DATE
TAXABLE PAY TO DATE
EE PENSION TO DATE
ER PENSION TO DATE
TAX TO DATE
ER’s N.I. TO DATE
EE’s N.I. TO DATE

the EE’s and ER’s are employee and employer contributions

The agency has lied to you, you are not a PAYE employee. Leave.

peirre:
the EE’s and ER’s are employee and employer contributions

Now it makes sense, thanks for that

buses:
Thing is I’ve paid 82 and 72 in 2 weeks.Cheers

If you haven’t already you need to work out if this has actually been deducted from your gross wage or if it’s just showing your employers contributions.

If as you suggest you’ve paid this money out of your gross wages then you’re being screwed by the agency :frowning:

cav551:

Yes. You are paying their employers contributions for them AND paying them for the privilege of doing so.
Fake PAYE that they are all now offering to try and get around the imminent HMRC rules on payroll for agencies.

idrive:

cav551:

Yes. You are paying their employers contributions for them AND paying them for the privilege of doing so.
Fake PAYE that they are all now offering to try and get around the imminent HMRC rules on payroll for agencies.

This is a copy to show what I mean.
I’m on £13 Per hour.Its actually 71 not 72 this week

There are people…

On this forum who are much better at this sort of thing than I am, I hope they can explain this wage slip better.

Why is it 676 @ £1? Shouldn’t it be £13 X 52 hours?

Margin and ER NI and Expenditure allowance mean zilch to me.

Mate… go PAYE.

Margin would you usually mean money towards the costs of employing you ie. Taking a cut or a margin

ER NI would you usually mean employers national insurance contributions. That they are deducting these from you is shady as ■■■■.

If there is a 3rd party running the payroll then you are working for an umbrella company.

Agency has had your pants down

So I’m going to explain the whole picture.
Thanks for the reply by the way…I know alot of people on here are more in the known when it comes to agency.
Right…I see a advert,I apply.
Now the firm I’m working for is a small base new firm with 2 trucks.
The company are ran legal,New two trucks and have been very upfro t and fair regarding the job.
Now my agency passed me over to a payroll firm for my wages.
When I rang and asked last week they said that I’m paying the fee of 18 quid plus employers contributions.

buses:
So I’m going to explain the whole picture.
Thanks for the reply by the way…I know alot of people on here are more in the known when it comes to agency.
Right…I see a advert,I apply.
Now the firm I’m working for is a small base new firm with 2 trucks.
The company are ran legal,New two trucks and have been very upfro t and fair regarding the job.
When I rang and asked last week they said that I’m paying the fee of 18 quid plus employers contributions.

The firm are bound to be very fair with you when you’re accepting less than £10 an hour PAYE for a night shift! If you pay the boss’s VAT on his diesel too, he might even kiss your feet! :laughing:

As a limper
My advice to you is speak to the agency and state you are unhappy with the payroll being managed by a 3rd party company either insist that they pay the fees (unlikely) or they employ you directly on PAYE. If the decline the best advice is to walk away

buses:

You gave the agency your labour. They are saying someone else will pay you.
If I bought a car off you, and then said my mate will come along next week to pay you…?

buses:
they said that I’m paying the fee of 18 quid plus employers contributions

You are paying the employers contributions? ? £18 for what?

What paperwork/digital contract do you have with this agency?
Daresay there are pages of guff, but you do need to see what you have signed here.

Here is the contradictory guff that one sent me when I questioned the PAYE status on an advertised job.
They will even “chase payment” for you (from themselves) and don’t worry, there’s no risk of any HMRC demands in the future, good to know.
And only £30 a week for the privilege of paying their employers contributions out of your advertised payrate.
This bunch also sent me 4 different example payslips of how they can structure your wages using different contribution models. Clear as mud!