Mercedes Cruise Control

Hi,
I’m probably missing something simple but can’t get the cruise in this Merc to go above 85kph. Increasing the speed it just stops at 85.
Does 90 off cruise.
Any ideas please anyone?

It’ll be in ECO mode. I had the same on an 18 plate Merc Actros recently. I can’t tell you how to change it but it’s somewhere in their menu system, which I always get lost in.

Thanks mate, I will have a look through the menus

In the new Actros - on the right hand “gear” stalk there is a button on the end. Press this to change scroll through Auto to Eco to Manual. Sometimes needs a fiddle but it will go unless the truck has been locked in Eco mode.

gardun:
In the new Actros - on the right hand “gear” stalk there is a button on the end. Press this to change scroll through Auto to Eco to Manual. Sometimes needs a fiddle but it will go unless the truck has been locked in Eco mode.

+1
It’s likely to be in autoeconomy mode, which limits top speed to around 52mph,

Dav1d:

gardun:

+1

Yes just keep pressing the button on the end of gear stalk till it says auto, then you should be ok. I went about 6 months before I found out :blush:

elsa Lad:

Dav1d:

gardun:

+1

Yes just keep pressing the button on the end of gear stalk till it says auto, then you should be ok. I went about 6 months before I found out :blush:

That’s the one cheers lads

Does anyone find the auto gearbox runs better in eco mode? I find they do, maybe because in our job the trucks barely carry any heavy weight.

Muckaway:
Does anyone find the auto gearbox runs better in eco mode? I find they do, maybe because in our job the trucks barely carry any heavy weight.

Runs a lot better in manual mode, though I think I’m in the minority there.

Dav1d:

Muckaway:

Runs a lot better in manual mode, though I think I’m in the minority there.

I agree - although I do use auto around town. It’s pretty crap though! Never use auto when there’s any sign of a hill or even a slight slope.

Quite possibly the worst gearbox , or more so the software controlling it , ever to be fitted to a vehicle!!
In auto it wants to change gear all the time. Just can’t live with moderate to low speeds. Up and down up and down. Just stay in the same gear FFS and use the engines torque!

510, empty and it sets off in 3rd :neutral_face: It shoots off like a bullet and before it’s moved 6 inches it’s changing up! Just start off in a higher gear FFS lol

Just absolute garbage - manual every time plus I get better mpg in manual , probably down to 2000 less gear changes a day !