Don’t know how well looked after they are!

Quite literally the words that came out of his mouth as he walked across Doncaster Services…

Mr Stabrats on the phone to another of his minion companions, blerting on about how they’ve got it made that the company pay for their CPC and they don’t have to shell out a penny for it, just turn up and get credited for it…

ON THEIR DAY OFF

Yeh, you’ve got it made, sitting in a classroom full of bridge badgers bleating on about how they’ve got it made, don’t know they’re born, blah blah blah.

Who else goes in on their day off, essentially to their place of WORK, unpaid?

Pretty standard in a lot of companies, licence holders responsibility, not the employers - No CPC, No Job, seems like a fair deal to me

Better looked after than some: those who have to pay from their own pocket to attend a course.
Worse looked after than those who are paid.

hardyd44:
Pretty standard in a lot of companies, licence holders responsibility, not the employers - No CPC, No Job, seems like a fair deal to me

Yep same thoughts here [emoji6] if you pay for it your self you can jump ship at any time without seeing them taking back cost ps from final wages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We paid for the course, paid wages, travelling , hotel and 95% was done between Monday - Friday.

It’s not that expensive and it goes to create good will. Trouble is the bean counters dont have a column for goodwill.

We had the clause about paying back and we never used it. People rarely left and most came back, we tried never to burn bridges and generally it worked both ways.

mardybum:

Agency…

Drivers do. I’ve had the pleasure of shelling out for 4 courses so far, at my regular place of work and I don’t get paid for it.

My bitter anger to this farcical charade makes me so angry… I could throw the phone down!

albion:
Trouble is the bean counters dont have a column for goodwill.

My accountant…

Had all sorts of columns for all sort of things. :wink:

They get paid , or I always did , I always did it on a day in week ( work day ) , but if they put you down as a thin rest day you were paid , if you had to travel you were paid traveling time and fuel cost ( I had one course at Sherborne / one at rugby) .
The only thing you paid was for was the course if you left within x amount of time but can’t remember what time limit that was .
The only time I can remember them saying they wouldn’t pay for something was a parking ticket , it was 1 min , 10.29 - 10.29 on ticket in London , they agreed I had no option than to park and ask where place wanted me as first time there , but just said we get 100,s &
Wont pay it , I refused to go there again .

mardybum:
Quite literally the words that came out of his mouth as he walked across Doncaster Services…

Mr Stabrats on the phone to another of his minion companions, blerting on about how they’ve got it made that the company pay for their CPC and they don’t have to shell out a penny for it, just turn up and get credited for it…

ON THEIR DAY OFF

Yeh, you’ve got it made, sitting in a classroom full of bridge badgers bleating on about how they’ve got it made, don’t know they’re born, blah blah blah.

As for the bridge bashing , I worked for them for 15 yrs , 100,s of driver came and went at that depot , I know of only 1 driver in 15 years at that depot who hit a bridge , 1 too many but your sat next to bridge badgers doesn’t really stand up .
If you want to have a pop at them , I’d have a go at there policy of relocation not redundancy , if you don’t relocate you leave !!!( without any redundancy ) , telling a driver that the offers of relocation are immingham , Sherburn ( 80 miles ) , he only has to do it twice a week so reasonable , if not then he can leave is shocking

albion:
We paid for the course, paid wages, travelling , hotel and 95% was done between Monday - Friday.

It’s not that expensive and it goes to create good will. Trouble is the bean counters dont have a column for goodwill.

^^^^^^^This never a truer word spoken.

I have a mate on Stobarts (it aint nightline btw :slight_smile: ) he tells me he gets paid for it,.a meal and refreshments included…, and in works time.
So looks like you’ve got it wrong bud.

Tad wrong there at stobard paid 10 hours for the day in the classroom.Then a full lunch with unlimited tea coffee juice biscuits and sweets and fruit all there for the drivers .

mardybum:

Me because if I don’t get my DCPC done I have no job. My alternative is to take an unpaid day during the week to go do it and no doubt also having to pay for the course as well so getting doubly stuffed.

Best way is to find a “friendly” CPC instructor who can fill you in for attending a class while you either work a work day or enjoy your day off to do day off things.

I’ll gladly pay a bit more to avoid losing brain cells sat in a classroom.

TheUncaringCowboy:
Best way is to find a “friendly” CPC instructor who can fill you in for attending a class while you either work a work day or enjoy your day off to do day off things.

If you find him let me know. :smiley:

robroy:

TheUncaringCowboy:

As a man of great repute and an upstanding pillar of all things right and proper I wouldn’t have a clue where to find such an individual. You won’t catch me doing anything that is not totally by the book, no siree.

Honest. :laughing:

I’ve signed now not to work direct for them through there agency , you pay for cpc which they arrange , £50 , is that where the confusion is coming from that you pay for cpc ?

robroy:
I have a mate on Stobarts (it aint nightline btw :slight_smile: ) he tells me he gets paid for it,.a meal and refreshments included…, and in works time.
So looks like you’ve got it wrong bud.

Sure why would they not pay for it
It could be part of their wages as they say it’s all build into one
Ok mate or is it bud

TheUncaringCowboy:

robroy:

TheUncaringCowboy:

As a man of great repute and an upstanding pillar of all things right and proper I wouldn’t have a clue where to find such an individual. You won’t catch me doing anything that is not totally by the book, no siree.

Honest. :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
totally agree… :blush: :wink:

Downside of places like that Is all it needs is just one random spot visit by one of the inspectors who turns up part way during when the course is supposed to be taking place and finding names on a list who aren’t there and then everyone who had training there gets their credits revoked.