How bad are turners

I’ve a mate who worked there ( fridges ) and said if you can survive the first 3 months you’ll be ok , said he took home &500 for 65 hrs , days , mon - fri , salary not hourly paid , I’ve always had a yearning to go back on fridges , and there the only one local ?
Nb I know about xpo , but it took me 2 weeks to register with that staffline / driverplus , and even though they’ve adverts for jobs , nights , days , weekends etc , I’ve had nothing but a email saying they’d received my application , so I’ve given up
So sensible thoughts on fridges / turners , thank you

dozy:
I’ve a mate who worked there ( fridges ) and said if you can survive the first 3 months you’ll be ok , said he took home &500 for 65 hrs , days , mon - fri , salary not hourly paid , I’ve always had a yearning to go back on fridges , and there the only one local ?
Nb I know about xpo , but it took me 2 weeks to register with that staffline / driverplus , and even though they’ve adverts for jobs , nights , days , weekends etc , I’ve had nothing but a email saying they’d received my application , so I’ve given up
So sensible thoughts on fridges / turners , thank you

500 for 65 hours you would need your head seen too to work them hours for a pittance

Do you speak Polish?

Dozy your in Grantham, Try moy park. If you want to tramp in a fridge, Go to spaldingski, lotski jobski, or go to yearsley whoops linage now at Peterborough,or Chiltern at Peterborough.

Maybe it’s just me, but all these posts from Dozy enquiring about various companies. Makes me think that he’s in panic mode and is desperate to get a job (ideally full time) …somewhere.
First he tries getting on through agency at various companies in Newark with the aim of getting full time work, but draws a blank, then tries agency elsewhere and seems to love the short hours and mega pay at Brakes, but is overwhelmed by the paperwork and the inconsistency of the amount of shifts he’s receiving (well that’s the nature of agency work). I only managed to work 2 of the 5 shifts I was initially given this week as 3 where cancelled.
Then a couple of other posts about how far would you travel and asking about companies slightly further afield, and some random enquiry about companies in Tuxford because someone on indeed contracted him. Then most recently it seems he’s gone running back to Stobarts, the very same company who ran him ragged and made him miss his steak dinner every week

Speaking of being run ragged…

Stobarts driver just pulled into boots,with 45 mins left :laughing:
Looks like 9 off on lenton industrial estate,then.

Don’t do it dozy

I didn’t think there was much space to park on the Lenton est especially with the travel community heading into the scrapyard nearby. Maybe he’ll pull the curtains on the bolts trailer park

peirre:
First he tries getting on through agency at various companies in Newark with the aim of getting full time work, but draws a blank, then tries agency elsewhere and seems to love the short hours and mega pay at Brakes

Short hours and Brakes don’t tend to be associated with each other. If he believes that then I woukdn’t stand anywhere near him when he’s lugging cages onto taillifts.

peirre:
I didn’t think there was much space to park on the Lenton est especially with the travel community heading into the scrapyard nearby. Maybe he’ll pull the curtains on the bolts trailer park

You can park outside the scrap yard.

It’s as noisy as hell there, he’d be better off if he reversed down the “Midway” towards the back of bookers. But as I used to deliver to ■■■■ food down there I can tell you it’s a pita to get in and out of that road if you drive in forward even on the quietest of days. And parking down near Hyperama is worse than parking in a lay-by

You’ll be lucky to get outside the srapyard,anyway.
Those walking floor/tipper men commandeer it…so they are first on the gate,next morning.
Of course…They won’t be there today.
My choice would be outside the riverside pub,on the other side of the ring road,or up on glaisdale.

commonrail:
You’ll be lucky to get outside the srapyard,anyway.
Those walking floor/tipper men commandeer it…so they are first on the gate,next morning.
Of course…They won’t be there today.
My choice would be outside the riverside pub,on the other side of the ring road,or up on glaisdale.

I’ve run to boots many times. They have never had a problem with me pulling into their truck park (where you wait to be paged) for a 45 after being tipped. I’ve found them pretty sound there. I reckon if Mr Stobarts asked nicely they might not object to him getting his head down for 9 hours there.

I like the place. They never take my keys. Let me sit in the cab etc. Even the shunters are friendly and helpful.

biggriffin:
Dozy your in Grantham, Try moy park. If you want to tramp in a fridge, Go to spaldingski, lotski jobski, or go to yearsley whoops linage now at Peterborough,or Chiltern at Peterborough.

Yes my mate said moy Park , heard nothing from yearsleys at b. Park ( do 4 on 4 off ) , now got phone call for assessment at Easton , wanted brakes but heard nothing , though bloke could still be ■■■■■■ as didn’t go 5 yrs ago when offered job , bad decision

Harry Monk:
Do you speak Polish?

No , we had loads at stobarts but 99 % could speak English when it suited them

peirre:
Maybe it’s just me, but all these posts from Dozy enquiring about various companies. Makes me think that he’s in panic mode and is desperate to get a job (ideally full time) …somewhere.
First he tries getting on through agency at various companies in Newark with the aim of getting full time work, but draws a blank, then tries agency elsewhere and seems to love the short hours and mega pay at Brakes, but is overwhelmed by the paperwork and the inconsistency of the amount of shifts he’s receiving (well that’s the nature of agency work). I only managed to work 2 of the 5 shifts I was initially given this week as 3 where cancelled.
Then a couple of other posts about how far would you travel and asking about companies slightly further afield, and some random enquiry about companies in Tuxford because someone on indeed contracted him. Then most recently it seems he’s gone running back to Stobarts, the very same company who ran him ragged and made him miss his steak dinner every week

1 I’ve not done any agency for brakes , dx actually
Paper work was dhl , was going back to stobarts but finally got call from Easton so hopefully going there

I take it you didn’t go to dhl then?

dozy:

peirre:

1 I’ve not done any agency for brakes , dx actually
Paper work was dhl , was going back to stobarts but finally got call from Easton so hopefully going there

Moaster get ready dozy is coming . :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Might meet him at MK or gawd help us Luton, :laughing:

Short memories come to mind, remember
He never left or went anywhere and is still working for stobart, a person like that would never have the balls to leave a job that runs him into the ground, they don’t know any better or how to cope without been lead by the nose and treated like dirt