Any one a easier job

17.00- 23 .00 , one trailer change 6 hrs , I don’t mean the odd day , we all have them , this is every day , same run

I did one of of my cpc course on Saturday.
Was a lad.there who had been there for 5 weeks doing his last one. He obviously knew the trainer.
Story short somone else on the course earlier in the week had a job on nights mon to Fri.
From Manchester driver to bamber bridge…sit on a bay gets his head down for 5 hours then back and job done.
And this lad on the course was pestering the trainer to try and find the lads details as he did have them.then lost his number as he wanted a job where ever it was he worked.
Unless anyonehas ideas
Im.guessing it’s on containers?

edd1974:
Was a lad.there who had been there for 5 weeks doing his last one. He obviously knew the trainer.
Story short somone else on the course earlier in the week had a job on nights mon to Fri.
From Manchester driver to bamber bridge…sit on a bay gets his head down for 5 hours then back and job done.
And this lad on the course was pestering the trainer to try and find the lads details as he did have them.then lost his number as he wanted a job where ever it was he worked.
Unless anyonehas ideas

Most container work is like this. Take a loaded out of dock. Drive to destination. Sit while they unload drive back to dock. Done.

I delivered a container full of crab sticks once up to fraseburgh. Took them 6 hours to tip. Back down. All in all 14 hour shift.

I used to take a lady friend with me to pass the time in cab if you get my drift.

cgscott:

edd1974:
Unless anyonehas ideas

I delivered a container full of crab sticks once up to fraseburgh. Took them 6 hours to tip. Back down. All in all 14 hour shift.

I used to take a lady friend with me to pass the time in cab if you get my drift.

What did you do for the rest of the 5 hours 55 minutes.

109LWB:
What did you do for the rest of the 5 hours 59 minutes and 50 seconds .

FTFY :laughing:

peirre:

109LWB:
What did you do for the rest of the 5 hours 59 minutes and 50 seconds .

FTFY :laughing:

ffs theres some proper stayers on here , :smiley: :wink:

Did you make a manual entry?

alamcculloch:
Did you make a manual entry?

Yes. 5 minutes other work 5 minutes rest 5 mins other work 5 mins rest and so on and so on

If the keys on your tacho are a bit sticky we will know the reason why. :smiley: Crack on driver.

Roger that. 10-4

Slot 1 or slot 2?

a few years ago i did a 12 hour shift that started from Eurocentral, pick up a load from Glasgow ( had to wait in the cab 2 hours for the load )
drove down to Gretna, drop the trailer, park up then was told to get my head down for 6 hours, then drive a load back up to Eurocentral and this was a permanent run for someone :open_mouth: …lucky git :laughing:

cgscott:
Roger that. 10-4

Ah I see what you did there :laughing:

eurotrans:

cgscott:
Roger that. 10-4

Ah I see what you did there :laughing:

Turns out some of us do have brains