Location location location

Why Do factories open in places that are way off the beaten track almost impossible to access in a truck?
Or here’s a good idea were build a rdc near a low.bridge.
I went to syspal today broseley tf125ja.

Never been before is well out the way down narrow country lanes a 180 hairpin bend. And couple of houses roof overhanging onto the road.
Get there ask best way to get out. Was told same way you came.

Why build a factory there ?

Roads and lanes were there 1st.
I don’t expect every place to be on a main road.

But this places was a joke to get to.
Granted about half mile away there’s a small black sign syspal this way. Right underneath a round no veichel over7.5t sign
Talk about confusing.

Why build a factory in an inaccessable place?
Because planning regulations favour upset nimbies, more than road safety and pollution from trucks winding around silly lanes perhaps?
Lack of rational planning, and joined up thinking.
Now ask about lack of parking for trucks. Go on, I dare you.
[emoji23]

Doesn’t look that bad, we’ve had bigger than that ere drive.

If it was that bad planning would have been denied.

Iwas more concerned,when looking on google, I wondered if you were really going to the house called “Honourable Pleasure” :smiley:

Farmers diversify into farm shops or making specialty items that they sell at farmers markets, producing products using their own ingredients grown on the farm, the business takes off and they expand and build on the same site. Next thing you know they’ve got a contract with a major buyer. So they build up the business, maybe build a bigger factory on the site. Next thing you know the logistics reqd mean bigger vehicles are required to bring supplies and take away the products, without having given thought to the location and the access to the site

Sorry Pierre that answer is too logical and simplistic. To answer a problem as deep and complicated as this we need a 4 page tomb from Carryfast quoting planning regulations in at least the middle ages to ensure we have the full answer.

Franglais:
Why build a factory in an inaccessable place?
Because planning regulations favour upset nimbies,

More like planning regulations favour destroying the industrial heart of our provincial towns and turning the demolished factories into dormitory provision for wanabbee city dwellers,who realise that inner city living ain’t what they really wanted after all.Then they move out and then the whole process starts all over again.

While the so called ‘industry’,in the form of warehouses and RDC’s handling foreign imports,prefer to put their new places in green field areas thereby wrecking what remains of the countryside an its character.NIMBY’s bs.As for NIMBY’s you mean those living in the Cotswolds and the under developed North like ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ and North Yorkshire etc telling the South East to take even more of the country’s population and its needs.

Planning in theory should take account of transport, but in a lot of cases it doesn’t or companies will bleet on about how many jobs it will create which sways councillors.

If you dont get permission, you just go to the appropriate gov dept and they override it. Seen that a few times.

Of course logistics companies get it spectacularly wrong too. Eg: a pallet hub recently moves to a new bigger location, but forgets virtually all the visiting trucks are 16’. So they put it 1 mile from the 15’ A5 Hinkley bridge thus making access to the A1 and A14 much harder…brilliant move (esp when M6 is shut every night).

Brains not required to run companies these days it seems.

You’ll find government or EU grants have a lot to do with factories and coldstores being in odd places problem is when the grants run out the businesses often move to the next deprived area to take advantage of the next set of grants

Land was probably cheap and lorry drivers have sat-navs so they’ll find it and maybe cheap labour for the warehouse to boot. :slight_smile:

edd1974:
Why Do factories open in places that are way off the beaten track almost impossible to access in a truck?

Never been before is well out the way down narrow country lanes a 180 hairpin bend. And couple of houses roof overhanging onto the road.

Granted about half mile away there’s a small black sign syspal this way. Right underneath a round no veichel over7.5t sign
Talk about confusing.

I’am speechless :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

edd1974:

Talk about confusing.

I’am speechless :laughing:

That’ll be a first :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t that near your Manor.

He was off his manor this afternoon. Saw him southbound on the A19.

like the rest of life, its a challenge.

Place makes food convayer belts/production lines kind of things.
Is bigish place just well tucked away.
Apart from the obvious getting deliveries in and out.
What about the work force?as no public transport.
Not many houses in the area so more cars on the road.
Surley not to much to ask you want build a warehouse. Check the area local.roads is access easy any low bridges. Etc.
Yes places look good in there picturesque quiet surroindings…

But looks arnt everything

Personally I just think you should man up a bit :imp:

Life would be full going on at one junction of a motorway and off at another into an RDC.

Beau Nydel:
He was off his manor this afternoon. Saw him southbound on the A19.

Fame today then I been spotted in Hartlepool and photographed in wombwell climbing over a fence put on Facebook apparently :open_mouth:

Prepare yourself. This will blow your mind.

Lorrys took the materials there to build said factory.

So in essence its accessible.

Any decent driver would do it and plod on not moan about overhangs and tight u bends ffs.

Grow a pair.

cgscott:

Any decent driver would do it and plod on not moan about overhangs and tight u bends ffs.

Grow a pair.

I remember thinking that when driving a scrap tipper artic through a housing estate to get to a school being demolished. I thought how the hell am I going to get in there, got in there and saw the massive machines my company had also delivered in there. I thought fair play to the low loader guys I worked with.

cgscott:

Grow a pair.

In a nutshell.

You wanna see where some of these farmer build there farms… :open_mouth:
inconciderate gits :laughing: