Iveco S-way

Handsome truck, especially the Magirus themed one.

images.app.goo.gl/zawViJZpS1GqbEzz8

This’ll be when everyone jumps in saying “I’ll have no bloody Iveco!”

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

You cant polish a t.urd.

No but you can roll it in glitter, and make it look like a Scania

Rob Mac:

No that’s the new MAN sorry I mean scania [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob Mac:

That’s a better looking cab than the Scania. Mind you the Stralis is a better looking cab than Scania, my opinion obviously.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

So, it’s the Iveco Sway…

At least the Scania R-Solo name was canned after none of the British salesmen could keep a straight face on their product training day.

It’s not the outside that needs sorting on the iveco, it’s the interior.

I have driven a few Stralis’s for different companies and mostly found them to be a fairly capable truck, once I have worked out the stupid places for the controls, glued a few pieces back on and ignored a some dashhlight warnings.

Jimmy McNulty:
It’s not the outside that needs sorting on the iveco, it’s the interior.

I have driven a few Stralis’s for different companies and mostly found them to be a fairly capable truck, once I have worked out the stupid places for the controls, glued a few pieces back on and ignored a some dashhlight warnings.

I have had my fair share of Iveco’s
They are capable but don’t you throw them away when the fuel tank is empty?..a bit like a Bic cigarette lighter ■■

Wouldie:
You cant polish a t.urd.

Unfortunately my friend it seems you have never experienced the Turbostar or other Iveco V8’s of that era (mid 80’s to late 90’s)

The 480 Turbostar with a 13 speed Fuller was probably the best machine ever to convert generous amounts of diesel oil into smoke, noise and speed…weight and gradients were mostly irrelevant except to really separate the sheep from the goats.

Possibly an acquired taste but truly sublime to those in the know.

The Italian engineers are definitely capable so I guess the question is if the Italian management can get them to deliver or are they really past it now?

That new cab looks great externally after the Daf and Scania aberrations but first impressions are it’s a bit tight internally.

The seats are eating up the bunk and I have no idea how you could get across the cab to the other window for booking on, immigration, peage, etc if on Euro work.

Fingers crossed though for now…

Very good looking unit IMHO and a vast improvement, it will be interesting to see how it looks in the basic fleet spec .

Looks fine to me, if I was given the choice over that or an Actros, I would be off the blocks like Huseiin ■■■■ Bolt. :smiley:

I aint in to all this Truck type/marque snobbery childish ■■■■■■■■ :unamused: .
If a truck is ok and I like it, I could not give a toss what name is on the grille.

I’ve driven most types in my time, and some are just better and worse than others, that is it, nothing more nothing less.

As said previously one of the best trucks I ever had was an Iveco Turbostar in the 80s, about 10 to15 yrs ahead of it’s time.

It looks like a completely new cab- not just a re-skin of the old one. The roof and side panels are obviously different to the Stralis, as (of course) are the bolt-on front bits. Can anyone confirm if the structure of the cab is new too?

Looks good, in my humble opinion- Volvo in the side view, Scania from the front. So much for Italian styling.

It does remind me of a Siamese cat.

I do like it though.

Neat enough euromotor…though they’ve missed a trick in not putting a cut out section in the mirror casings to reduce some of the blind spots, as Volvo finally (took long enough) have.

Last Stralis i drove had the worse programming of Arsetronic it’s been my misfortune to use, made Arsetronic Dafs appear i-shift slick and swift in comparison :open_mouth: , and you had to tilt the sodding cab to put oil in…WTF was that that all about?

So, have they fixed the gearbox and oil filling aspects?

Gearbox is the latest ZF Traxon, although Iveco calls it something else.

Surprised it’s still got mirrors…

Tasty new shape,outrageously overdue re design of all time.Surprised to learn Iveco are Italian tbh.I heard they have night cab coolers as standard,which would swing it for me.I’d even sacrifice the fridge and micro for such a “luxury”.

Hurryup&wait:

Wouldie:
You cant polish a t.urd.

Unfortunately my friend it seems you have never experienced the Turbostar or other Iveco V8’s of that era (mid 80’s to late 90’s)

The 480 Turbostar with a 13 speed Fuller was probably the best machine ever to convert generous amounts of diesel oil into smoke, noise and speed…weight and gradients were mostly irrelevant except to really separate the sheep from the goats.

The Italian engineers are definitely capable so I guess the question is if the Italian management can get them to deliver or are they really past it now?

That new cab looks great externally after the Daf and Scania aberrations but first impressions are it’s a bit tight internally.

The seats are eating up the bunk and I have no idea how you could get across the cab to the other window for booking on, immigration, peage, etc if on Euro work.

First there was not a lot of people who could handle the gear box even then
Second there would be no hope of most drivers now being able to handle it

Hi all ,1st truck i drove after passing test was a turbostar 190.42 ,it was my dads (o/d) loved that motor, double H box,took some getting used to ,that was replaced with a Eurostar 420, I’d gone off driving for everyman under the sun driving allsorts, alot of daf, a few scania which I don’t like and volvo which I do ,but mainly daf which I like, in 2005 became a o/d and bought a freinds 1yr old stralis, wasn’t keen at 1st but as I’d always liked iveco gave it a chance and turned out to be a belter, so great engine but cab let it down,love the look of the s-way ,looks like they’ve got it right this time ,value for money badge snobs need not dream

Hurryup&wait:

Wouldie:
You cant polish a t.urd.

My 1st truck after passing test was a turbostar 190.42 ,amazing truck ,replaced with a Eurostar 420 ,again loved it loads more room but my soft spot is for that 17 ltr turbostar, allways said goodbye on the road not hello!

Allways liked the big italian, having driven the best the Eurostar,loved the Eurostar and owned a stralis,this s-way looks the best as regards the driver since the Eurostar, think iveco can get a foothold her with this one