Recruitment Agencies for New ADR Driver

Hi Everyone,

I have been driving Class 1 vehicles for more than five years. Recently I have obtained my ADR certificate in packages and tanks and I would like to get some experience driving tanker lorries. Preferably fuel tankers.
I would like to know if you would be able to provide some agencies who willing to take on drivers with no previous tanker experience. I could undertake shifts in the Reading, Heathrow and Greys area.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Kind regards,

Lucas

If you’re wanting to work on fuel tankers that load in a refinery then you will also need your PDP Petroleum Driver Passport, you can do the theory off your own bat, but you also need the practical part which involves loading and discharging with someone qualified, that generally means working for the company. You may be lucky and get an agency to fund it but I would’nt count on it, also you only have 3 months from doing the theory to completing both parts.

Found this link
pdpassport.com/mini/30924.html

noisycarl:
If you’re wanting to work on fuel tankers that load in a refinery then you will also need your PDP Petroleum Driver Passport, you can do the theory off your own bat, but you also need the practical part which involves loading and discharging with someone qualified, that generally means working for the company. You may be lucky and get an agency to fund it but I would’nt count on it, also you only have 3 months from doing the theory to completing both parts.

Found this link
pdpassport.com/mini/30924.html

Thank you for the information Noisycarl.

I was aware of the requirements regarding the PDP. I would be more interested to know that which “specific” agencies out there could I approach regarding the kind of work I am looking for. I don’t mind travelling to Dartford if thats what it takes. (I have seen many large fuel depots in that area.)

Many Thanks,

Lucas

Why agency? Hoyer are recruiting in your specified areas and they provide all the training you’ll ever need.

harrawaffa:
Why agency? Hoyer are recruiting in your specified areas and they provide all the training you’ll ever need.

Brilliant info. Thank you very much!

Just phone the fuel companies show some initiative . Agencies are just useless and waste your time. Bare in mind its a seasonal job because of the peaks caused by winter heating oil so companies take in extra drivers in September and let them go when it gets warm in the spring.