GIST

Henrys cat:

Kynszon:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Kynszon:
I went for my Driving Assessment yesterday at GIST and 30 minutes in the instructor cancelled it due to not feeling too well…that was before he saw my driving!!!

It has been reappointed for next week but the whole thing sounds like torcher!

I had 4 sheets of paper of “what not to do’s” to sign

Also, i only just started this, 3 written tests, one on tacho and general driving hours etc that was 50 questions long!

The other was 25 question on Working Time Directive (god knows how they get to ask that many questions on the subject)

The last one was 50 questions on the Highway Code!

Then i was to follow with a 4 hour drive around the country being assessed on my driving.

All this to trunk trailers from A to B… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I could understand this is the hourly rate was £17 an hour but it’s nowhere near.

The thought of putting myself through all that lot for £11.43 an hour makes me feel like cancelling the rebooked assessment

I would. Plenty of places you can go where your induction is “there’s the keys, phone us when you’re tipped.”

No idea how some of you can work for these types of companies.

It’s just that GIST are literally 5 minutes from home whereas Stobarts it a good 25 miles away.

The only other near me is Great Bear and they want 3 years driving experience and I only have 1 in an artic

DFDS at Holmewood are advertising, was told £10.40/hr

Thats pitiful we are supposed to be professionals