Working Time Directive

Has anyone every been checked for their WTD break or is it grey area(some will do you some wont), currently Im multi dropper and Im just curious about WTD.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not worth breaking the law mate and getting caught, easiest way is just make sure you have 15 minutes break within 6 hours of starting work, another 15 between 6-9 hours since start of shift and another 15 minutes between 9-12 hours. You’re driving time will dictate some of your breaks too but stick to that and the driving hours rules on breaks and you’ll be fine. That’s the simplest way I have found to do it anyway [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Cooke:
Not worth breaking the law mate and getting caught, easiest way is just make sure you have 15 minutes break within 6 hours of starting work, another 15 between 6-9 hours since start of shift and another 15 minutes between 9-12 hours. You’re driving time will dictate some of your breaks too but stick to that and the driving hours rules on breaks and you’ll be fine. That’s the simplest way I have found to do it anyway [emoji1303]

Thats what I do at the minute Chris but a few of the older drivers in my place are saying do your days work first half the day so 7:00-13:00 to break the back of the workload then take a break which is mad in my view because we arent paid to work through the break.

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

Thats what I do at the minute Chris but a few of the older drivers in my place are saying do your days work first half the day so 7:00-13:00 to break the back of the workload then take a break which is mad in my view because we arent paid to work through the break.

Also it’s not legal to do that so ignore them and do what is legal, they may not care about their licence but will when something happens and even if it wasn’t their fault the blame will lie on them as they have not had sufficient breaks.
If I was you forget what they say and stick to the regulations to cover urself and innocent people who may have lives affected due to a disregard of the legal break times etc
People may agree and disagree with aspects of the regulations but in my opinion if you follow the rules, which are there for a reason, you won’t be apportioned to blame if the worst happens and you were still driving responsibly, just my opinion but look after yourself and potential innocent parties not what it looks like to someone who is willing to break the law as they are resistant to change, it will catch up with them eventually but hopefully not to the loss of life of someone else [emoji1303]

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

7.00-13.00 is 6 hours though so as long you take a 15 minute break by 12.59 and 59 seconds that is perfectly legal

Chris Cooke:

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

7.00-13.00 is 6 hours though so as long you take a 15 minute break by 12.59 and 59 seconds that is perfectly legal

Suppose but I do prefer my flat white in the morning after the first 2 drops [emoji23] get a bit of heat into the body then after 12ish take another 15 get a sambo the from then on we are on the home stretch.

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

Suppose but I do prefer my flat white in the morning after the first 2 drops [emoji23] get a bit of heat into the body then after 12ish take another 15 get a sambo the from then on we are on the home stretch.

I’m not even experienced in this industry but because I have started late and have the regs fresh in my head it makes it easier to follow the law and not break what I have been taught, working for a big company helps that too as the be all and end all is drive responsibly and within the law, because obviously a reputation is there to be upheld, and the amount of employees at said employer worldwide, even one incident can damage a company’s standing etc.

Do what you’re doing mate, stay legal on your hours and breaks etc whilst delivering on time where possible and if u get reprimanded by a company for not breaking the law find someone to better to work for lol

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

By the way what do u mean a Sambo?

Chris Cooke:

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

I’m not even experienced in this industry but because I have started late and have the regs fresh in my head it makes it easier to follow the law and not break what I have been taught, working for a big company helps that too as the be all and end all is drive responsibly and within the law, because obviously a reputation is there to be upheld, and the amount of employees at said employer worldwide, even one incident can damage a company’s standing etc.

Do what you’re doing mate, stay legal on your hours and breaks etc whilst delivering on time where possible and if u get reprimanded by a company for not breaking the law find someone to better to work for lol

Cheers Chris [emoji108][emoji106][emoji106]

For the RT(WT)R you need to start a 15 minute break no later than 6 hours working time from the start of the shift or from the end of the last shift.
(Obviously this isn’t taking into account driving time breaks)

If you start work at 07:00 your first WTD break must start no later than 13:00.
You should have another 15 minute break no later than 6 hours from the end of the last break.

You do not necessarily need to have another break before 9 hours.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:
For the RT(WT)R you need to start a 15 minute break no later than 6 hours working time from the start of the shift or from the end of the last shift.

You should have another 15 minute break no later than 6 hours from the end of the last break.

Sent from my mobile.

Doesn’t the WTD state that you need to show 30 minutes break up to 9 hours duty time, ie 15 mins within 6 hours duty and then another 15 within 6-9 hours duty?

Chris Cooke:

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

Doesn’t the WTD state that you need to show 30 minutes break up to 9 hours duty time, ie 15 mins within 6 hours duty and then another 15 within 6-9 hours duty?

Taken from .gov website:

Breaks3
 Cannot work for more than 6 hours without a break. A break should be at least 15 minutes long
 30 minute break if working between 6 and 9 hours in total4
 45 minute break if working more than 9 hours in total

Chris Cooke:

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

brianchalkyshaw:

Chris Cooke:

By the way what do u mean a Sambo?

Sandwich

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Yeah its Dublin slang as far as I know Im sure its used in the UK aswell [emoji23]

Chris:

You only need to show 30 minutes break before 9 hours if you won’t be working over 9 hours.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138841&p=2182159#p2182159

Sent from my mobile.

brianchalkyshaw:
Has anyone every been checked for their WTD break or is it grey area(some will do you some wont), currently Im multi dropper and Im just curious about WTD.

Official check no but have been given infringement notice when I exceeded 6hrs without a break following a RTA. You can however be guaranteed that if you have an accident and they check your hours it’ll be another nail in your coffin.

Conor:

brianchalkyshaw:

Official check no but have been given infringement notice when I exceeded 6hrs without a break following a RTA.

An on the spot fine?

brianchalkyshaw:

Conor:

brianchalkyshaw:

Official check no but have been given infringement notice when I exceeded 6hrs without a break following a RTA.

An on the spot fine?

Bit of paper from employer tacho analysis saying I’d exceeded WTD, a breakdown of the hours showing it and a “sign here” to say they’d made me aware of it.

tachograph:

Chris:

You only need to show 30 minutes break before 9 hours if you won’t be working over 9 hours.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138841&p=2182159#p2182159

Sent from my mobile.

That link shows what I thought, if the total working time exceeds 6 hours but not 9 then a total of 30 mins has to be taken which can be split into two 15’s and if the total working time exceeds 9 hours a total of 45 mins needs to be shown whilst complying with the previous break rules (15 in first 6, 30 showing up to 9, which can be split into two 15’s, one in the first 6 hours and one in the 3 hours after the first 6 hours, but never exceeding 6 hours working time without a break

brianchalkyshaw:

Conor:

brianchalkyshaw:

An on the spot fine?

Not sure if this includes WTD, but it states REST

gov.uk/government/news/driv … al-drivers