Thoughts on this

In on agency today. Was given a vehicle which tbh was a heap of ■■■■.
Driver who had vehicle previously walked off job on Monday ( ain’t they lucky)
Damage to n/s front end & step & mirror
No hook to secure n/s door when open
Oil was bone dry - took 2 gallons

What would you do?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

She’s a beauty and no mistake.

As long as the legal bits were legal (tyres, lights, reflectors, no air leaks etc) I’d drive it. Might not be pretty but it puts a wage in your pocket.

You got internals so n/s door is not a problem if you leave one near the back and make sure it’s right length [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Standard pallet network rigid!

The mirror backing is just cosmetic damage.
The lack of door retaining hook wouldn’t be too much of an issue for me. Had it plenty of times and I normally just use one of the curtain buckles to hold the door open.
As long as the low oil wasn’t due to a major leak, I’d just get it topped up and get on with it.
Only issue I would have is the step. It’s got sharp edges, but they don’t look like they are protruding and it’s the passenger side, so would probably end up taking the truck out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbax81:
Standard pallet network rigid!

Nah to gooder condition for that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

the maoster:
She’s a beauty and no mistake.

As long as the legal bits were legal (tyres, lights, reflectors, no air leaks etc) I’d drive it. Might not be pretty but it puts a wage in your pocket.

Yeah I did drive it. Was 50/50 at start of shift tbh.
Worked here plenty before & by all accounts are a good lot to work for.
Was a bit surprised by state of vehicle.

Crack on and get them pallets delivered, they’ll be another load waiting for you in the morning and if you damage it no one will notice anyway so your on a winner

Two gallons of oil !!■■
OK, maybe one or two drivers were slack in their checks, maybe it burns and drips a bit.
But if it’s a dog given given to agency wouldn’t a regular employee look at it? Wouldn’t someone check?

Franglais:
Two gallons of oil !!■■
OK, maybe one or two drivers were slack in their checks, maybe it burns and drips a bit.
But if it’s a dog given given to agency wouldn’t a regular employee look at it? Wouldn’t someone check?

Well that’s what you’d think.

To be fair it looks perfectly usable especially for a pallet network truck which will undoubtedly get sent down lanes etc it probably shouldn’t resulting in damage.

Nope. I would have demanded a 19 playe one with air con ans sat nav. If yhey refused i wouldve phoned agency and asked for travel pay and half a shift as i was under the impression this was a good company that i was to go to.

Joke

I probably wouldnt have done my checks hammered round the run and got home as quick as possible. Same the next day and so on and so on.

One of Gregory Distribution ltd finest motors .

Can’t be too fussy in a class 2 vehicle, there will be plenty of others on the agency books waiting for a call. Just jump in it and don’t look into anyone’s eyes.

Top up an’ crack on.

blue estate:
You got internals so n/s door is not a problem if you leave one near the back and make sure it’s right length [emoji6]

Those internals have not been used for a while, evidenced by the fact they’re knotted up with each other lol

I would have stuck it on the wash bay for an hour, kicked the tyres, put some oil in and cracked on, having started in Bedford parcel vans with 30 year old bodies it looks a nice lorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DF40:
In on agency today. Was given a vehicle which tbh was a heap of [zb].

What would you do

What would I do?
Top the oil up and go with it, as long as it wasn’t a complete sh. tip inside,.and even then I’d spend an hour on pay cleaning it before I left.
It looks legal to me unless I’ve missed summet. :neutral_face:

He aint sending you on a tour of Europe for 6 weeks mate, it’s a day run on agency ffs. :unamused:

robroy:

DF40:
In on agency today. Was given a vehicle which tbh was a heap of [zb].

What would you do

What would I do?
Top the oil up and go with it, as long as it wasn’t a complete sh. tip inside,.and even then I’d spend an hour on pay cleaning it before I left.
It looks legal to me unless I’ve missed summet. :neutral_face:

He aint sending you on a tour of Europe for 6 weeks mate, it’s a day run on agency ffs. :unamused:

That’s exactly what I did do. Topped up oil & got on with it. Put my hours into agency Sunday.
Just thought be a decent discussion point here considering there so many different opinions on "driver etiquette’…[emoji848]

Wouldt worry about the back door.
As im.sure pallet line deliveries are all side tips.
Your never have any reason to open you back doors.or so im.told :slight_smile: