German soldiers block runaway truck on autobahn

bbc.com/news/world-europe-48620824

Deserves a mention on the main forum maybe?

Franglais:
Deserves a mention on the main forum maybe?

Couldn’t agree more. To selflessly put oneself in harms way to save others is always worthy of attention. Well done fellas.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-48620824

I’d posted this in the Euro forum, but following a suggestion to post it in the main forum, I’ve posted it here. Sorry to anyone who’s read it twice now but this probably was the right place to post this in the first place. Cheers.

Thanks chaps for the suggestion. I wondered if I should post it there. I have done now with your encouragement. Cheers.

wanderingstar:
German soldiers hailed for blocking runaway truck on autobahn

I’d posted this in the Euro forum, but following a suggestion to post it in the main forum, I’ve posted it here. Sorry to anyone who’s read it twice now but this probably was the right place to post this in the first place. Cheers.

H
Pretty impressive to stop that in a straight line I’d say, well done to them.

Only decent story I’ve heard come out of Germany for quite a time …

Well done to them. Amazing the Iveco didn’t disintegrate.

nomiS36:

That’s probably because it’s a Mercedes !!!

I want to know how they attempted entry into the cab while it was moving. It seems incredible.

wanderingstar:
I want to know how they attempted entry into the cab while it was moving. It seems incredible.

Probably watched too many Jason Statham movies…

I’d just like to mention also as this bit seems to have gotten overshadowed somehow but R.I.P. driver.

robthedog:

nomiS36:

That’s probably because it’s a Mercedes !!!

wanderingstar:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
if it was an auto and the driver had already pegged it,then id imagine it would have been chugging along in crawler as the iveco drivers door would be in the way to attempt entry.
theres not much to wreck o the army spec iveco and nobody would care how much damage it received but i wonder if an owner driver would have been so quick to do the same thing ?

According to the article they did try to get in which I would think was terrifically dangerous even at a crawl. If I ask myself if I would have tried to get in front of it in the same situation I’m really not sure the thought would even occur to me in the first place. It’s pretty audacious, but then again I guess you never know how you’ll react in an emergency. Hats off to them - it’s quite the achievement.