And drivers wonder why we get stopped

twitter.com/DVSAEnforcement/sta … 8319492101

rambo19:
https://twitter.com/DVSAEnforcement/status/1138526528319492101

They forgot the offence “Driving an old DAF”.

Amazing! How people think they will get away with it these days is beyond me!

How did they know he or she drove for five hours plus without a break , or it was an analogue paper disc tacho , or driving a vehicle with a digital tacho and he or she does not have a digital drivers card ?

Beggars belief that does.

nomiS36:
Amazing! How people think they will get away with it these days is beyond me!

it’s nothing to do with getting away with it, these sort of operators will persue it till they get caught then start again under another name and so the circle starts again, its been going on forever… :exclamation: :cry:

toby1234abc:
How did they know he or she drove for five hours plus without a break , or it was an analogue paper disc tacho , or driving a vehicle with a digital tacho and he or she does not have a digital drivers card ?

The tacho still records stuff that dvla can get access to even with no card in the slot.
Anyway, that’s the least of his worries going over his or her 4.5.

toby1234abc:

it records on the tacho unit as well as the card.

Sand Fisher:

rambo19:
https://twitter.com/DVSAEnforcement/status/1138526528319492101

They forgot the offence “Driving an old DAF”.

it may be old, it may be ilegal, but in those pics it looks quite tidy.

I was on M4 when this cowboy got tugged just near the tunnels
Joker was still in outside lane even when it turned back to 3 lanes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can this be true? That’s not even a foreign truck let alone EE.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

gezt:

toby1234abc:

it records on the tacho unit as well as the card.

Which is why it always makes me laugh when the braindeads suggest “losing” your digicard if you’ve been running bent.

Thought it might be an owner driver who’s run out of funds but no licence is no excuse.

Own Account Driver:
Thought it might be an owner driver who’s run out of funds but no licence is no excuse.

Maybe it’s the words being used?
An out of date licence, is the same, in law, as no licence isn’t it?

Are we talking no O licence or no HGV driving licence?

DVSA and police should leave this poor driver alone. It’s just money making. Or so people say eh

I got pulled into a DOT scale house last week, (bobtailing and one of my mud guards snapped off mid drive) and they have a folder on their counter full of pictures they take of vehicle defects they find when doing inspections and the state of some of them is absolute madness! Had a pic of a break hub with no S-cam shaft in it, shock absorbers just hanging off the chassis, break chambers missing and other stuff of the likes. How anyone could drive with massive defects is beyond me, too bad they dont have a book of shame or something with pictures of what they find so people like me who avoid social media (TNET excluded) can take a look and have a laugh of amazement

Rowley010:

Its happens fairly frequently that drivers are stopped and don’t have an LGV license.

jakethesnake:

Rowley010:

Its happens fairly frequently that drivers are stopped and don’t have an LGV license.

Any stats to back that claim up Jakey ?

Frequently?..I would say more like ‘‘now and again’’ in the grand scheme of things.

time to watch how slimey angus and another nonentity ■■■■■ relish the opperchancity to horse it into one of the mushroom brigade boys.
the dudes guilty,but they dont half love twisting the knife into his ribs.
its the half of the clip with the white scanny from co armagh.
how ironic now that angus gets promoted sideways after being penalised for dishonesty. :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Z8-KMfPT7M