Automated trucks taking over our jobs

Conor:

Sploom:
I’m glad I’ll be retired by the time all this stuff comes in. It’s a problem though, when robots do all the jobs that humans do now. I don’t think capitalism can provide the solution to it

The same has been said multiple times throughout our history. First it was when spinning machines and machines to produce cloth came into being and cotton mills became a thing, it was said when the motor vehicle superceded the horse and cart, it was said again when the computer came into being that there would be the paperless office and the death of many office jobs. In all cases what happened is that jobs changed, new jobs that people weren’t even aware of were created in new support industries and people went to work in those instead.

The people who will truly get the shaft are those who want to be stuck in the past and are unwilling to change like the countless examples on this forum from those who want to go back to how it was in the 70s and 80s.

Further than that:
Capitalism is not the only way. It hasn’t been around so long really, and may be past it’s best already.
The rich capitalists, who own the media, may hold on tightly, but it could be time for new way of doing things.
Automation and the global climate change issues, all point to us ending our present mode. Either through choice quite soon, or in a horrible wreck a wee bit further on.