Wavebox 24v microwave

just looking to see if the wavebox 24v microwave works ok on the cigarette lighter i drive an MAN TGX and due to leasing our trucks we cant hard wire any inverters unless we pay main dealer prices to do it which as a driver would be pointless and expensive so looking at alternatives i currently have a roadpro and gas stove

Do you have an Anderson socket on the back of the cab?

If so I’ve heard some people wire an inverter to an Anderson lead and just unplug it when they’re done, that way you can just grab a cheap Aldi/ Lidl 240v microwave instead.

Reef:
Do you have an Anderson socket on the back of the cab?

If so I’ve heard some people wire an inverter to an Anderson lead and just unplug it when they’re done, that way you can just grab a cheap Aldi/ Lidl 240v microwave instead.

Yep I’ve done that and run a curry’s microwave and a Russel hobs 1kw kettle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I googled wavebox 24 volt microwave and found this -

in the add (6 lines down from the top it says -
“this is a high power application and will need to be connected direct to the battery”

It wont work from the cigarette lighter socket .

I think possibly the early ones/12v? ones could be connected to a cig lighter, but was very low power, more of keeping some thing warm rather than heating, and needed connecting to a battery for the full microwave power, might of had separate leads with crocodile clips on them.

Its input power is 660W so microwave cooking power will be likely around the 300 to 400w level if you’re lucky. Good luck heating anything with that in a timely fashion.

Most cig lighters are 25w though we have a hire Renault with a 300w one, but still far too small for this unit.

At 300 quid, it’d be cheaper to get the internal Anderson lead fitted as mentioned above I would think then much more flexibility. Also cheaper than getting an inverter fitted that you lose when it goes back.

Just make sure any inverter is at least 2000w and pure sine type, oh and approved by the boss.

iirc these where mentioned a couple of years ago, and the consensus was they where pretty crap back then, so unless they’ve improved the design I doubt that it will be better

The old Samsung 24v ones were the best, but they don’t make them anymore.
Incidentally if anybody wants a 24v Samsung for spares or repair (internal inverter gone) or to build one out of two I’m your man. :smiley:
There is a place in Kent who specialses in repairs for them, but replaced mine with a household one and a large inverter instead.