The Good Old Days

Next time anyone complains about Elf’n safety, or sleeping in a tin box, or underpowered, over technical trucks, show them this film. A bunch of drivers catering for themselves in an old railway carriage; handballing cement with totally inadequate PPE, driving trucks with no power steering over steep Scottish lanes - twice a day, five days a week.

youtube.com/watch?v=AYFOjy_j6UM&t=241s

I did wonder why they put the load so far back on the bed, but I guess it was to make the steering lighter.

nice bit of steak though? :slight_smile:

I hate all this modern PPI rubbish we have to deal with.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sadly Glen Ogle railway is now a cycle track the viaduct is still there, and Killin Station is now the council yard. The road over to Gen Lochy hasn’t had any maintenance for years .

truckertang:

Since when has Payment Protection Insurance been a factor in driving jobs?

Thank for posting that Santa, obviously a bit romanticised by the film makers, but enjoyable. I’m sure it was a bleak hard job at times, but watching them talking each other at the end reminded of the times when everybody didn’t immediately start looking at their phones as soon as they had a spare moment. Nobody talks in our workshop canteen, they’re all on their phones, from the moment they start dinner until they go back to work. :confused:

Definitely a good watch, thanks for the link.

First thing that grabbed my attention was starting the day with a proper fry up!

The roping looked like it could have been a bit tighter though, and I can’t help but wonder what Nina would make of the load security :laughing:

And the gap between the door and frame seen from the inside made me smile as it brought back memories of my old marathon.

And the last time I swung a starting handle was on my old series 3! (I wonder if you’d get a tug nowadays for having that stuck out?)

Roymondo:

truckertang:

PPE - changed it now.

Santa:

Roymondo:

truckertang:

PPE - changed it now.

[emoji106][emoji16][emoji106][emoji16][emoji106]

He didn’t strap that box of food down that he got from the shop