De Rooy in Trouble Again

From DVSA twitter feed

HGV checks carried out by our team

Overweight, over length & overhang dealt with by our Traffic Examiner at Thurrock weighbridge

Our Vehicle Examiner also found fractures & distortions in the load bed, with evidence of rubbing on the tyre

Looks like that’s been repaired previously, how did they ever think they’ll get away with that load.

De Rooy isn’t it, not Vos

switchlogic:

You are correct, thanks for pointing that out luke :smiley:

May be De Rooy rather than VOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIPPER:

switchlogic:

You are correct, thanks for pointing that out luke :smiley:

No worries. That truck is in a shocking state. I always thought that while they do break the law in hours/length/weight that they were always fairly well maintained. Clearly not

I’m not so sure it’s even a repair…more like a small patch put over the crack to conceal it!

In these modern days of corporate responsibility etc, it’s pretty shocking that the UK truck market leader uses this company to deliver its trucks.

No wonder. No chance of seeing his rear lights.
Not first time I’ve seen dodgy loads on their wagons.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

GasGas:
I’m not so sure it’s even a repair…more like a small patch put over the crack to conceal it!

In these modern days of corporate responsibility etc, it’s pretty shocking that the UK truck market leader uses this company to deliver its trucks.

I think part of the problem is that over the years De Rooy has managed to sew that market up. There really is no one of comparable size that could step into that DAF work easily. Same for the other manufacturers that use them. They were fairly clever to pick one very specialized area and go on to completely dominate it.

Surely they could do with having a right bar on the back of the load? Then at least you can see the back lights

switchlogic:

GasGas:

I think part of the problem is that over the years De Rooy has managed to sew that market up. There really is no one of comparable size that could step into that DAF work easily. Same for the other manufacturers that use them. They were fairly clever to pick one very specialized area and go on to completely dominate it.

agree with your post luke, but we still live in a world of backhanders. I suspect there are a few people at daf who are doing very well out of this partnership which contributed to the growth that you mentioned…

Saratoga:
Surely they could do with having a right bar on the back of the load? Then at least you can see the back lights

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
when the driver thats off duty in the cab of the yellow daf having a kip wakes up,he can flash a torch at anyone coming too close…

They are parked up at the Carlisle site weekly. Profits must outweigh the penalties.

Yeah always at least one at Todhills or Beattock. To the point where if I happen to be around one near a VOSA hotspot I’ll stick with it knowing full well it’ll not be me getting the call :laughing:

Nothing new for De Rooy, regular everyday event from what I’ve seen over the years, they even get an invite to DVSA’s Christmas party. :smiley:

GasGas:

Remember DAF were one of the manufactures caught out colluding on price fixing, so hardly the finest example of a company with highly ethical trading standards.
And as for any bad publicity they’d do what the likes of Amazon do when they do programs about their van drivers breaking laws and working all hours or the documentary about East European driver delivering to Ikea parked up on wasteland outside the company or these clothing companies who talk about how socially responsible they are, when they get caught using child labour to make their clothes or trainers, they deny responsibility about what a 3rd party company are doing, say they don’t force their sub-contractors to break laws and cut corners and promise to put in checks in the future, but little will change.

Being pick here but the bloke that put the wheel on in the second pic’ needs a kick up the aris for having the valves next to each other. Opposite old chap. How standards are slipping. :wink:

robroy:
Nothing new for De Rooy, regular everyday event from what I’ve seen over the years, they even get an invite to DVSA’s Christmas party. :smiley:

Given the sheer number of roadside examinations which have resulted in prosecutions over the years and the fact that De Rooy are still allowed to operate, you’d have to assume that somebody far higher up the food chain has decided that while their work cannot be conducted legally, it is in the greater general interest that it is still done.