Any info about Royal Mail, Crick appreciated

No, I think you still have to drive them. :wink:

Sploom:

Automatic arctics
Older 18T Manual or new we are auto
7.5T manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys, at least I won’t have to worry about the gears, I haven’t driven a manual fir five years.

Harry Monk:

You beat me to it

Have I read this thread correctly. FFS, can’t add much more.

Arabella:

Harry Monk:

You beat me to it

Judging by the quality of the steering wheel attendants is see driving them they may well be automatic

Wow can`t manage a gear box :unamused: :unamused:

Sploom:

Some of the 7-5 tonnes do rooftop delivers [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sploom:
Cheers guys, at least I won’t have to worry about the gears, I haven’t driven a manual fir five years.

I’ve driven manual gearbox trucks after long periods of driving automatics, not a problem getting back into it, personally I found it makes a nice change now and then, the only problem I’ve found tends to after you’ve got used to it and come to a halt and forget you’ve got a clutch pedal. :blush: :laughing:

I don’t mean to be disrespectful here but would a manual wagon be too much to cope with? If so, why? Genuine questions.

is your car automatic as well?
personally id prefer a manual again. my daf auto is ok. but prefer a gear box as gives you something to do think about etc. instead of waiting for a huge huge gap then pulling out to be then slowed down while it changes gear on you

I think with the automatic ones you still have to be sitting there in the cab?
as bigriffin didnt say,i think this thread is a perfect example of how sad the profession has now become…christ on a bike :unamused:

dieseldog999:
I think with the automatic ones you still have to be sitting there in the cab?
as bigriffin didnt say,i think this thread is a perfect example of how sad the profession has now become…christ on a bike :unamused:

But was it an automatic bike?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I must have done eleventy million manual gearchanges over the years and am now quite happy to have a circuit board to do it for me.

The only times I miss a manual is when I’m running light and am sat at a red light feeling bolshy and I just know that all the cars to the right of me are going to cut across the front of me 'cos my gearchange lag allows them to.

Can’t quite believe I’ve just read that [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I don’t mind manuals but it’s just that, if they invite me for a driving assessment, it’s not going to be ideal, the fact that I haven’t drove a manual for five years, but if they’re all autos, that’s great, thanks for all the replies

Truly amazing.

:unamused:

way life is going now. the future generation of drivers wont know what a gear box is.

as more and more cars are now becoming automatic . and with electric cars on the horizon im guessing there all be automatic as well?
or do electric cars come with a gearbox

Electric cars have no need of a gearbox or clutch because they provide full torque from zero revs to max, and the motor doesn’t need to keep spinning when stationary.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk