Scottish route advice

So Monday im tipping Campbeltown reloading Invergordon, i can see the most direct route but any advice from folks who frequent that way, theres not much of Scotland i havent seen but i.ve never had cause to do this journey

chaversdad:
So Monday im tipping Campbeltown reloading Invergordon, i can see the most direct route but any advice from folks who frequent that way, theres not much of Scotland i havent seen but i.ve never had cause to do this journey

The obvious route is the only reasonable route. You could drive the Arran side coastal route on one leg of the journey to or from Campbelltown and the Atlantic coastal route the other way. That’s about it for options. Don’t expect to keep her chappin’ either. They ain’t big roads, you’ll have to tuck your elbows in at quite a few spots.
Hope you get good scenery viewing weather and enjoy your run :slight_smile:

Note that the Connel Bridge at Oban has a 13’9" height limit.

Santa:
Note that the Connel Bridge at Oban has a 13’9" height limit.

Just an empty flat trailer with a Daf superspace so should be fine

Ive used the road north from Balichulish loads of times, its the bit from Lochgilphead north im unfamiliar with

Done it last year on the bike.
One road in…One road out…

Enjoy

Pure driving pleasure…no bridges

wana swop places? looks like that could be a nice drive

Tipping Campbeltown, reloading Invergordon. Wow, that’s a stretch. (I think it was a song by The Band that had a line “Mr booking agent, please have mercy, don’t book the jobs so far apart”)
LochGilphead to Oban has some tight sections scattered at random along it, and needs care. Apart from that it’s not too bad by West Coast standards. I know you’ve been up this way often enough so you’ll be fine.
Unless you get a good run at it, you could need nearly seven hours driving.

Old John:
Tipping Campbeltown, reloading Invergordon. Wow, that’s a stretch.

The joys of windfarm work , you get to some truly spectacular places, its actually Nigg bay im loading from and then down to Gt Yarmouth with it so its fair old run

Was that you parked up on the A9 near the Evanton junction,white unit and blue flat trailer?

Fleetwood mick:
Was that you parked up on the A9 near the Evanton junction,white unit and blue flat trailer?

Funnily enough, I was going to ask if it was you i met heading North on Loch Lomondside earlier this morning.
It was also a white truck from a well known co, pulling a blue trailer loaded with what looked like portable roadway sections.

Some people say we West Coast Scots are nosey, but we just have a very high level of natural curiosity.!!

Old John:

Fleetwood mick:

Funnily enough, I was going to ask if it was you i met heading North on Loch Lomondside earlier this morning.
It was also a white truck from a well known co, pulling a blue trailer loaded with what looked like portable roadway sections.

Some people say we West Coast Scots are nosey, but we just have a very high level of natural curiosity.!!

Hi John have the midges started yet ,or don’t you notice them ?

Punchy Dan:

Thankfully wee bit early for them as yet, working at the Scottish west coast forests when they’re about is hellish :frowning:

Punchy Dan:

Old John:

Fleetwood mick:

Hi Dan, Yes, they have, and Yes, I do.!!

Been seeing some of your brothers outfits up this way recently. Vv smart.

Yes there’s been a one off job happening up the west side somewhere, the top driver from Turriff or turf as he puts it has been doing them :smiley:

In days gone by, (allegedly) some of these Turra loons had that many aliases that it was said that by friday night they had forgotten who they actually were.!!
Find out if he’s really from Turriff.
Ask him fit he kens aboot the Turra Coo.

Well he is a truck net poster ,I didn’t want to blow his cover :laughing: :wink:

Fleetwood mick:

Guilty as charged, that was me bang on 10hrs , hoped to get all the way to Nigg but i just fell short

chaversdad:

Fleetwood mick:

Guilty as charged, that was me bang on 10hrs , hoped to get all the way to Nigg but i just fell short

As a matter of interest, how long did it take from Campbeltown to Evanton?

5hrs 35 to Invergordon John then another 20 minutes or so the next morning to Nigg, had a decent run to be fair, i would have hit Inverness at 5ish so i swung left at Drumadrochit and went Beauly /Muir of Ord to miss the teatime traffic