S J Bargh

Any work on the milk tankers for this company that wouldn’t mind answering one or two questions?

Thanks

I was there a couple of years ago. I was Lancaster based but other hubs exist, mainly Stoke.
I’ve done reload tramping and farm collection. For me, the transport office people on both the reload and farm collection were excellent to work for. Reload planners are the best I’ve worked for. No stress, no rushing you and as far as I was concerned, they always gave me plenty of time to meet time windows. Always listened to concerns and helped when possible.

Early starts are fairly standard but were almost always followed by an early finish on your last day. Working Christmas day, if your on rota can be a job breaker for some so give that some thought. Gear is well maintained if not new these days. Can’t remember the money but was enough with, back then, £30 a night out.

Farm collection pays less but still an easy going job, well planned mostly when meeting reload tanks for transhipping but tanks held up in dairies can make them late sometimes.

Biggest bugbear for me was the receiving dairies, sometimes full, sometimes breakdowns, often antisocial and when it was not running well you could be there a long time.

I think I would still be there but I don’t need to tramp anymore, just me and the wife now and no mortgage so I’m doing less now. Add to that, I’m never going to earn my living on the M6 any further south of Lancaster coz I hate it. :smiley:

Find me a driving job that doesn’t or at least only rarely involves going south on the M6 from the north west and I’m in. That might be why farm collections interest me.

Rowley010:
Find me a driving job that doesn’t or at least only rarely involves going south on the M6 from the north west and I’m in. That might be why farm collections interest me.

In a previous life I only ever used the M6 north of Penrith, after my relocation and new job I regularly use it for the full length. God how I hate it! :imp:

I was talking to one of their guys the other day and he mentioned he does 6 on 2 off but also mentioned other shifts of 5 on 3 off and 4 on 4 off…unsure if that appeals to you?

4 on 4 off does. Not 6/2 that sounds horrible

Neighbours lad was on it for a few years and rated it, one load daily from Ashbourne to Acton. He only left because they moved the depot to the Potteries and it was too far to travel.

Pete.