“Not suitable for long vehicles”

That’s usually a sign I see that tells me I’m going the right way!
Here’s a short clip showing the type of roads I’m dealing with, so next time you think somewhere is tight, it could be worse :laughing:

youtu.be/UX9JCR8x0dM

Watch till the end to see what I’m driving :grimacing: :grimacing:

Yep, I get to drive along roads like that too going to different farms around Argyll and Bute in all fairness it’s not in an artic though lol

It’s fun when it’s icy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it rains the mud off the banks on either side make it interesting too!
Usually I don’t get to that farm until dark, which makes it even more fun.
Is also fun when the hedges are over grown, sometimes you can only see the grass down the middle of the road as the bushes have grown out so far, then it looks like a foot path and have to guess where the road is :laughing:

. Good video thanks for posting

Wait till you get one that’s so narrow the hedges push your mirrors in . You can’t even chicken out and reverse . You’ve just got to carry on . :open_mouth:

Good skills driver

How the hell would you get recovered if there was a breakdown by chinook ? :laughing:

Later on the mirrors get pushed in, always make sure it’s the drivers side that’s tightest, then you don’t have to get out to put it back!

Reminds me of a few weeks ago heading to one of our drops in Sonning Common and they closed the normal route. No problem, I’ll follow my trusty SatNav (Dezl 570) so a proper truck nav.

The hedges on one of the roads it sent me down, had slight lower hedges, but the road was quite a bit narrower and I was committed to it.

Thought I was never going to make it out, couldn’t reverse if I wanted to as the mirrors were trying to push themselves through the doors going forwards!!

No phone signal either so couldn’t even check Google maps.

You should try and get through some of those narrow as ■■■■ tree overhanging roads with a 14’9’’ high tautliner mate, that is as flimsy as ■■■■, and bends back if you have the misfortune (as I did :blush: ) to hit a particularly thick hidden branch…after the farmer reassured me I could get to his farm with no problem. …‘We have em here every week’’ : :unamused: ,
Aye milk tankers and short arsed tipper trailers. :smiling_imp:

Mine is only 13’3, so manages to fit under most low branches, and only one bridge which isn’t even close

Stussy:
That’s usually a sign I see that tells me I’m going the right way!
Here’s a short clip showing the type of roads I’m dealing with, so next time you think somewhere is tight, it could be worse :laughing:

youtu.be/UX9JCR8x0dM

Watch till the end to see what I’m driving :grimacing: :grimacing:

Those are the type of roads that get me to the off road m.youtube.com/watch?v=e58mP8laSPQ

I went to a fish farm on Anglessey today that got a bit interesting, only road in was down a toll road which led to a viewing area at Black Mount ,old girl in a hut tried to charge me £3 to go up it as it was a tourist attraction :laughing: just on the red circle if anyones been up that way

When I was on the milk that was considered easy.
. Never mind hedges. Hedges bend. Farm buildings don’t. We had farms were we had to pull the mirrors in just to get acces between farm buildings.

(I did milk for ten years around Wiltshire, and Dorset and Gloucester. It was the worst of days and it was the best of days…)

Cornish hedges don’t bend, they’re more like stone walls covered in earth!

Stussy:
Cornish hedges don’t bend, they’re more like stone walls covered in earth!

theyre not ‘like’ stone walls covered in earth, they ARE stone walls covered in earth. :grimacing: :grimacing:

WTF was that 4 wheel drive doing down there? Green laneing?

Not unusual to see lanes like that used on nightime road rallies as well. Going down narrow lanes at speed, is not something that I condone…honestly.

Ken.

Quinny:
WTF was that 4 wheel drive doing down there? Green laneing?

Not unusual to see lanes like that used on nightime road rallies as well. Going down narrow lanes at speed, is not something that I condone…honestly.

Ken.

At least he was able to reverse and did so willingly, wait till Alice and Bert are down there on their holidays. :slight_smile:

Did NOT want to meet this guy today, especially as there was 2 miles behind me with nowhere to turn around or pull in.
It was a wagon and drag, the driver a cracking lad who must have backed up best part of a mile for me…proper driver.

robroy:
Did NOT want to meet this guy today, especially as there was 2 miles behind me with nowhere to turn around or pull in.
It was a wagon and drag, the driver a cracking lad who must have backed up best part of a mile for me…proper driver.

Yes defo a proper driver ,us w & d drivers will always reverse rather than watching an artic driver trying to preform :smiley: :laughing: :wink: :blush:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

Yes defo a proper driver ,us w & d drivers will always reverse rather than watching an artic driver trying to preform :smiley: :laughing: :wink: :blush:

Nah…it’s just that he knew his place in the pecking order Dan. :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: