Is this a joke? Job advert

£12.67 an hour
Due to continued growth, we have an immediate permanent vacancy for a Class 1 ADR Trunk - Night Shiftto work from our depot in Oldbury, West Midlands.

The Package

LGV Cat C+E ADR Trunk (CLASS 1) - Night Shift - 02.00 start
£31,644.85per annum based on a 48-hour week
£12.67 per hour
Overtime available

Soon it will be better to work at mcdonalds

It is a joke, because, what about extra for working night, never mind having an ADR as well

Nowt much wrong with that job mate 31.6k easy trunking plus OT, good luck earning that at McDonald’s glassdoor.co.uk/Salary/McDo … E36806.htm

2am start is not a night shift, it’s a ■■■■ day shift.

Oldbury + ADR = Clarkes.

Ken.

idrive:
Nowt much wrong with that job mate 31.6k easy trunking plus OT, good luck earning that at McDonald’s glassdoor.co.uk/Salary/McDo … E36806.htm

But 12 quid c’mon it should be 17 + for adr class 1

TruckDriverBen:

idrive:

But 12 quid c’mon it should be 17 + for adr class 1

I wish, around Teesside it’s £10 - £12, a shockingly small amount of money for what you’re expected to know and do.
If only there was some kind of collective group that could work for the benefit of drivers…hmmmmm!

Every man and his dog has ADR now. Not worth a carrot.

I know drivers who have GIVEN the boss £250 when DCPC time has come around in order to get the ADR :open_mouth:

Flood the market and that’s what you get! #cheaplabour

Where do I apply - sounds pretty reasonable for night trunking whether or not its ADR on pallets.

I often have a truck with loads of ADR including several tons of toxic, flammable, corrosive and school exercise books. Its the latter which worry me more as they aren’t protected in an IBC from fire.

£17 / hour - you might get that if carrying heroin inside TNT sticks without your instructions on writing 2017 and delivering to the local drug lord who lives next to the police HQ.

As for 2am being day shift, only because some drivers dont gave the balls to stand up to the boss and tell him / her “I’m not starting work at daft o’clock while your still in bed for less than 20 quid an hour. 9am starts or we go on strike”. :wink:

Btw, if anyone finds a £17/hour job carrying TNT (without the drugs), could you pass on my details. :smiley:

mrginge:
2am start is not a night shift, it’s a [zb] day shift.

The only time I ever see 2 am is if I haven’t gone to sleep yet. :wink:

As for the money, it is what it is unfortunately. The eastern Europeans I know seem to prefer working at silly o’ clock so the premium for doing it has been eroded. I think it’s because they can normally catch 3-4 hours of shut-eye while being loaded/tipped so can get on with other stuff during the day.

Harry Monk:

mrginge:

As for the money, it is what it is unfortunately. The eastern Europeans I know seem to prefer working at silly o’ clock so the premium for doing it has been eroded. I think it’s because they can normally catch 3-4 hours of shut-eye while being loaded/tipped so can get on with other stuff during the day.

East Europeans my arse,.we have clowns who start at stupid o clock for no extra cash, 1 2 am or 5 past midnight.
They even kip in their cabs in the yard on a Sunday afternoon to get away early Mon, when they could run at Sunday premium rate with a night out. :laughing: :laughing:
Drivers eh? :unamused:

robroy:

Harry Monk:

mrginge:

East Europeans my arse,.we have clowns who start at stupid o clock for no extra cash, 1 2 am or 5 past midnight.
They even kip in their cabs in the yard on a Sunday afternoon to get away early Mon, when they could run at Sunday premium rate with a night out. :laughing: :laughing:

WTF [emoji50] Roy !!! If you got choice of running Sunday on double bubble opposed to Monday at single , I know what I would do [emoji6]
What time Sunday boss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

robroy:

Harry Monk:

mrginge:

WTF [emoji50] Roy !!! If you got choice of running Sunday on double bubble opposed to Monday at single , I know what I would do [emoji6]
What time Sunday boss

Steady on mate :smiley: …My lot don’t pay double exactly, :unamused: (non Union and tight as a fish’s arse) but at least it’s a few quid over the normal rate.
Why work for a lower rate ffs, when the option is there. :unamused:

robroy:

blue estate:

robroy:

Harry Monk:

mrginge:

What time Sunday boss

Steady on mate :smiley: …My lot don’t pay double exactly, :unamused: (non Union and tight as a fish’s arse) but at least it’s a few quid over the normal rate.
Why work for a lower rate ffs, when the option is there. :unamused:

I’m working Sunday to Thursday next week , I worked Sunday to today this week and I’m whacked [emoji42][emoji42]
OT weekdays and Saturdays it time and half , Sundays and bank holidays is double bubble [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

^^^^^^^^^^ I did a full week last week, Bank hol Mon to Saturday. :open_mouth:
Been off a fortnight’s hols away, the wife was working the days we are both usually off, so I thought ■■■■ it !.., time I got back into it, bite the bullet.
What a shock to the system doing 6 days :open_mouth: , I would hate to go back to it, was in a stinking mood all last week, needed another hol abroad to recover. :laughing:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^ I did a full week last week, Bank hol Mon to Saturday.
Been off a fortnight, the wife was working the days we are both usually off, so I thought [zb] it !.., time I got back into it, bite the bullet.
What a shock to the system doing 6 days :open_mouth: , I would hate to go back to it, was in a stinking mood all last week, needed another hol abroad to recover. :laughing:

Can’t wait till next Friday when I check my bank Bank balance [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I don’t think anybody gets proper premium rates for weekend or night working nowadays. When I started work in 1976, time-and-a-half on Saturdays and sixth days and double time on Sundays was fairly standard in most types of work. Now it might be a pound or two more but that seems to be all. I guess it’s all to do with the way weekends have changed in the public perception.

blue estate:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^ I did a full week last week, Bank hol Mon to Saturday.
Been off a fortnight, the wife was working the days we are both usually off, so I thought [zb] it !.., time I got back into it, bite the bullet.

Can’t wait till next Friday when I check my bank Bank balance [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Aye, life’s full of disappointments. :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:
I don’t think anybody gets proper premium rates for weekend or night working nowadays. When I started work in 1976, time-and-a-half on Saturdays and sixth days and double time on Sundays was fairly standard in most types of work. Now it might be a pound or two more but that seems to be all. I guess it’s all to do with the way weekends have changed in the public perception.

I know a lot on here will not have it, but the mates I have who work on Union firms all seem to have it.
But hey,… Unions are a waste of time eh? :unamused:

Harry Monk:

Where I work, its time and half weekends and anything over 40 hours, BH is x 1.75, and weekends over 8 hours is x 1.75

far better than agency