Best way to New Mills (Near Stockport)

hi all,

Off to New Mills (Cheshire) on Sat morning to view / buy a trailer !

Anybody make any suggestions which way would be best fron Nottingham/ Derby/ Chesterfield ■■?

i know it’s gotta be over the pennines somewhere but not sure how good or bad the A6 & other roads are up there.

Only other option is over Woodhead & down the 624 Glossop ■■? Is this road an option in a truck ■■?

Your help appreciated, my old mind has gone & got no chance of remembering these roads from so many years ago :unamused: :unamused:

Jcn 29 M1, A617

Into Chesterfield

Follow signs for A619 Buxton, Stockport , Manchester.

At Baslow take A623 Stockport.

Follow A623 until it meets A6, this will take you into New Mills.

Not a bad road, used to use it alot at one time.

WARNING### There are a couple of steep hills with sharp bends on, just take your time and watch out for those Quarry Boys and there low flying eight leggers :laughing:

i agree on this route it is a lovely drive but must say check weather for that area before setting off as if it is still icy etc and as work shy says it has afew sharp bends etc but it is a amazing road

Sounds good to me lads :smiley:

No potential problems coming back that way (low bridges / tight turns for the trailer ■■)

Many thanks

John

no low bridges that i remember of only sharp turns are the bends on the road so you will be best judge of them on way there and have seen artic’s on that road so shouldnt be a problem also there is a key fuels or diesel direct station on the 623 as for exact location i can not remember sorry not much help but been a while since i been that way glad to hear that you got another oppurtunity of a trailer btw :slight_smile: look forward to the report of how it goes good luck with it and happy/safe journey

Hi Met,

thanks for that m8, sure we will have no problems but after 8 years since i drove full time & at least 2 years since i drove one at all … well, it’s like learning all over again. that said, as soon as i sit in the magnum it all becomes second nature & the 5 speed in the van or car seems so boring afterwards :laughing: :laughing: Sad littla case i am, but a happy one :wink:

I really hope these trailer(s) are what they guy says they are, sound fine but i will know (and post) more tomorrow.

thanks again for your help, appreciated

John

did it, but in the van :unamused: We woke up late (as usual) & it was tippping down, so decided it would be quicker to take the van.

Looked at the trailer the guy had pulled out for us & then had walkies around the yard & did a deal on a different one (wanted roller shutter rather than doors.

Worked out well, 'cos the one we bought was loaded with rolatrucks, so he’s emptying it monday for us…

glad that it all went well toytown :slight_smile: and why not have a lie in :wink: lol and at least with van you wernt in a big pressure thing as in taken mag there and be a waste to come back empty handed so buy just for sake of it ( not that i think you would ) but sometimes it does happen anyway good luck with it all and congrats :slight_smile:

Thanks for the words of encouragement Met.

I think (work permititng) we are dissapearing off to new mills again on Tuesday afternoon, hope to get away by 1pm, miss most of the nasty traffic & probably only get hammered a bit round chesterfield on the way back.

Unit has had more grafix added to the white parts to try to blen into the aqua coloured trailer (not gonna spray the trailer just yet), so as soon as it comes home it will have a similar pattern on the front end in burgundy to try to pull the unit & trailer colours together :unamused: :unamused:

Will post pics tomorrow (if we make it home !) & see if Rikki bans me from the site :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

& see if Rikki bans me from the site

Only if the TruckNet UK logo/address is not visible in the photo’s :slight_smile: :grimacing: :wink:

Only if the TruckNet UK logo/address is not visible in the photo’s

You REALLY want this rolling circus promoting trucknet Rikki :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well, you asked for it, & i got witnesses, so when you get complaints from the public about some old fool in one of your vehicles blocking a town centre … :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

lol make sure it says Well driven ( which it will be im sure toytown) and have Mr trucknets phone number on it with a bumper sticker saying If you Can Read this Then why not become a member @ trucknetuk.com lol and glad that it goes well and sounds like the hard work is going to be worth it all :slight_smile:

metalhead10:
a bumper sticker saying If you Can Read this Then why not become a member @ trucknetuk.com :slight_smile:

I like that one :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cheers
STEVE

pmsl, going on the reputation Irish drivers have on here there will be a stampede of them as they always seem to be up your rear before passing at 80+ mph!!

Kev

:astonished: reputation what reputation have they got :stuck_out_tongue: heheheheh

GOT IT HOME :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Decided to go up to new mills today, left 9am, had a nice steady run all the way, collected it & came home. Unit ran faultlessley & trailer did everything expected of it :laughing:

Now for all the work :open_mouth: