A35 head on crash

Sounds serious 2 hgvs involved in a head on near Wilmington on the A35 which isn’t the most driver friendly road you’ll come across but hopefully both drivers recover well.cornwalllive.com/news/local … sh-2811182

I think what’s worrying is this has happened on one of the straightest parts of that road, it’s actually Kilmington which is the one nearer to Axminster, Wilmington is further on towards Honiton. Bus stop painted on road as scene with minor junction just past it. Don’t want to speculate but why does the red container look like it was on completely the wrong side of the road :open_mouth:

The container driver has died, a 54-year-old man from Winchester. The Tesco Avonmouth driver aged 35 from Bristol is seriously injured.

masetheace:
I think what’s worrying is this has happened on one of the straightest parts of that road, it’s actually Kilmington which is the one nearer to Axminster, Wilmington is further on towards Honiton. Bus stop painted on road as scene with minor junction just past it. Don’t want to speculate but why does the red container look like it was on completely the wrong side of the road :open_mouth:

Agree. The container looks like it’s in the wrong side of the road, the other on the correct side. Unless their is dash cam footage with a driver facing camera (which everyone hates so much) then no one will ever know why that is the case more than likely.

Rowley010:
a driver facing camera (which everyone hates so much)

Would have saved the day :wink:

I got diverted at Axminster then ran out of time on the crappy A3052 as my next drop is exmouth in the morning. Decent straight road and perfect driving conditions made me wonder how people manage to crash and close the road. Didn’t know it was a couple of lorries.

mrginge:

Rowley010:

masetheace:

And in these days of video leaks going viral, how long before the last moments of the deceased driver are being shared worldwide by the weirdos.

mrginge:

Rowley010:

I passed a maritime driver this morning who had his boots off and his right foot up on the dash![emoji45]
I thought they all had in facing cameras now?

nomiS36:

mrginge:

Rowley010:

I passed a maritime driver this morning who had his boots off and his right foot up on the dash![emoji45]

Maybe thats the only type of driver they can attract now, all the others with a sense of self pride and resistance to it will have likely ■■■■ ed off. :bulb:

RIP to the driver btw, somebody’s husband or Dad.
Is this crock of ■■■■ job really worth dying for?..I reckon not. :cry:

There’s a solid white line on the approach to the brow of that hill, same the other side,
Ossie

The driver of the container lorry was pronounced dead at the scene. Who’s to say that he didn’t have a heart attack or stroke whilst driving and that’s what caused the accident. RIP drive.

well lets hope the injured driver gets well soon and may the other driver rip, my condolences to his family,

nomiS36:

mrginge:

Rowley010:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
probably on full auto,lane recognition,adaptive cruise control…why would he need two feet to drive the thing?
and where was his other foot,he could have been a 1 legged falklands veteran with only the one leg,you heartless git… :smiley:

It’s always sad when there is a fatality especially if it could have been avoided. Unfortunately most of the time we never find out the true reason for accidents.
Driving a truck car or motorcycle has it’s dangers because we have little control of others actions but most of us carry on thinking it will never happen to us.
You can die crossing the road, you can die in many circumstances but what do we do? Stay in bed all day or carry on with our lives.
Hopefully in the not to distant future road safety will improve.

Here’s the poor driver who went to work and never came home…bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-engla … n-48327948

nomiS36:

mrginge:

Rowley010:

That’s a plain white tractor unit so no doubt it was a subcontractor’s vehicle, not a Maritime one.