Grassed up....

…by a lying ■■■■■■■■
Got to go in for an interview tomorrow at 10:45. That already tells me that I’ve lost tomorrows work.

Out last week in the puddle jumper, had to deliver a trampoline that came in 3 pieces. Each piece was 50Kg.
I humped the first piece out of the back and said “we need the trolley”
Guy I was with said “Nahh, I’ll carry em”
(He’s a biggish lad, goes to the gym every day, never lets you forget that, has pride in his strength :unamused: )
Me:Well, I think you’re mad but whatever"
He humped the first package over to the clients house.
As he’s ■■■■■■■ it across I’m dragging the next one to the tail.

He arrives back, picks up the 2nd package, and off he goes.
I drag the last one to the end.
He gets back, picks the 3rd package up and off he goes.

Job done, he banks me out of a dead end, we move on, finish the day 8 hours later. All is good. This is last Thursday.

Got a txt from Agency boss today asking…

“There’s been a complaint…refusing to lift packages…is this true?.”

Apparently, this guy has said that I refused to carry any packages and he’s put a formal complaint in.

I’m going to head on in tomorrow and stand my ground but, I am Agency scum and am aware of my vulnerability.
I can’t understand it, I’ve always done my share, and more. Feeling a bit ■■■■■■ off tbh. One bloke can cost me 150 on an unfounded accusation. Btw, he was ■■■■■■ off that I was driving and he wasn’t, apparently.

Go in, keep your cool, and tell it as it happened in a calm, clear manner. No bad language or anything like that.

Oh, and if work at the same company comes along again, make it clear you aren’t prepared to work with such an untrustworthy person. Be prepared to walk away from the job.

The world is full of them, if they are not paying for the time to attend an interview at their request they can go ■■■■ themselves, better using the time to find another agency or full time job.
You requested to do the job propely using common sense and the right tool for the job, Mr Hero decided against your advice to take a risk to deliver the packages and I would guess did not
follow company procedure.

Yep, thanks troops :slight_smile:
WhiteTruckMan, that is exactly what I intend to do.
Dave,
This IS my fulltime job, through an Agency. 4 on 4 off, 11 hour shifts.

Am heading in tomorrow, in civvies (no intention of working after the “Interview”), with the full intention of standing my ground.
H&S has been mentioned to me already. While there is no legal limit to what you can carry, H&S has guidelines. This, is properly outside those guidelines. And, I have have never refused to carry anything, with anyone, ever.

I’m sure you’ve done some googling already, but I found this.

hse.gov.uk/msd/faq-manhand.htm

Surely you read some form of risk assessment prior to starting to work there. How much of it can you remember? Chances are, your copilot could get into bother for not using the provided MHE provided.

Good luck.

Might want to mention that you suggested the barrow as to reduce risk of manual handling injury

No help now, but I often delivered trampolines on my own with Palletforce. Yes, the boxes are far too heavy, but if you open them up they are full of poles and bags of stuff that are no problem.

It’s the steroids they munch, not only does it shrink their penises it all adversely affects their mental abilities. Put it down to experience and move on Stevie. It ■■■■■ mate, but strive to change the things you can change and have the strength to accept the things you can’t.

These guys can lift a tonne but can’t spell it!

Stay calm, get even! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complain about your driver’s mate. He was acting in an unprofessional manner. These are heavy loads that could easily cause a life-long injury to your back. Heavy loads especially bulky ones have to be handled with professionalism and care. Could you have carried them together taking one side each to reduce the chance of either of you getting injured? By the sounds of it, your driver’s mate doesn’t sound like the sort of person I would want to work with for safety reasons. He needs to work in a calm and considered manner when lifting heavy loads. Those steroids that gym junkies use, makes them dangerous.

Fight fire with fire against this low life lying weaseling ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ for losing you a days wages.
He had no qualms about lying about you to drop you in it, so you do the same…play the ‘‘bullying card’’ tell them he intimidated you throughout the day making you do all the driving, and insisting you took no part in unloading due to his ‘‘training regime’’
Show him you’re too wise to be ■■■■■■ about by him, and teach him a good lesson that you aint a man to be crossed… :sunglasses:
And tell the agency you’re putting a claim in for a days wage because of a non fault false accusation…not sure they’ll buy it but it’ll add creedence to your point.

I hate that type, he could say nothing to your face but runs to the ‘‘teacher’’ instead. :smiling_imp:

I’d also suggest that he has an “aggressive manner” and strongly “suggested” he uses substances to help him get this strong as well as the gym while boastong about what he could bench press etc. You don’t gave to remember any figures as you weren’t interested.

Re driving, I would say you don’t feel comfortable having him drive after strong suggestions of taking substances which might seriously affect his legal ability to drive which includes your safety.

Just insert enough suggestion that they start to get worried. Would say theres a 95% chance he’d disappear after a drug test as in my experience few people get ultra strong without medical assistance and it can make them very aggressive. Seen quite a few legit and not so legit gym users and theres a big diff.

Prob do everyone a favour if he gone Inc customers. If I remember correctly, this is a company with a rep to upkeep.

speak to your union.

Great advice here guys (And I mean “Guys” in a non gender specific way :slight_smile: ) Thank you.
I shall take it all in, and go over my options, and statement, as I roll in on my leccy scooter this morning.

Let me see now, which of my family should I ask for an opinion and help?
My brother, the Airline pilot? no.
My brother in law the Chartered Surveyor? No.
My sister, the Head of Employment Law at a big London firm? Hmm, lemme think…
Briefed my sis last night, been told to await her call at 09:30 this morning. She’s not happy. She’s spent a lifetime voting labour and working to protect the little man. You WILL have seen some of her cases (That she won) in the newspapers over the years.

Work colleague phoned me last night, he’s a been a personal friend now for about 4 months as well as a work mate.
He’s refused to go in today, in support. I told him he was daft. He’s losing 160 quid. I like him even more now though. He DID say something that sticks in my mind …this guy I was working with made some comments to him, as we were preparing to leave the depot, about not being able to drive that day and to “Look who’s driving me”. Some comments were “He’s slow” (I’m not) “He won’t break the speed limit” ( I won’t) " He won’t park illegally" (I will if I have to, got two parking tickets in 6 months).
Fine, I’ll take that :slight_smile: It shall be mentioned, if needed, today.

robroy, you raise an interesting point about the bullying thing. Making me do things etc.
Not that I would ever let myself be bullied, far too old and sneaky/vicious in a street fight to ever let that happen. But this guy was the porter that day. As such it is down to him to operate the trolley. Not once did he ever grab a hold of the trolley, it was all down to me. That is a point I will bring up. Everything that was pulled on the trolly? Was pulled/pushed by me.

I will keep all my statements legit and true. I have no worries that this is all a ■■■■■■■■ exercise and that I have no need to lie to clear my name.
Probably be looking for a new job later today, ffs! I love this job too.
Grrrr

I read the H&S manual handling policy not long ago, regarding something similar.
There is a graph that gives you what type of weight can be lifted to what part of body. ( Arms, shoulders etc)
Don’t believe anything is near 50kg on this: worth a look.
Many moons ago they reduced bags of cement from 50kg to 25kg, to aid manual handling on sites.
Hit them with information & facts they can’t argue with.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Optimum:
speak to your union.

Applied to join a Union 6 weeks ago, got the letter back with all the details and stuff, declined to join as I was on 2 shifts a week at the time. Money was tight.
In hindsight, I’m an idiot :blush:

DF40:
I read the H&S manual handling policy not long ago, regarding something similar.
There is a graph that gives you what type of weight can be lifted to what part of body. ( Arms, shoulders etc)
Many moons ago they reduced bags of cement from 50kg to 25kg, to aid manual handling on sites.

Yeah, while there is no law per se about what you can and cant lift, H&S guidelines say 25Kg at waist height is recommended as max. But, no law, so…

Did you deliver all you jobs complete the jobs you was given?
If so what’s the problem does it really matter if you carry them or use a trolley?.
Plus the way I’m seeing it your provided with an extra man who is there to assist/help you
Yet he didn’t seem to want to help you he wanted to do it all himself. .
Also ask to see a.copy of there manual.handling procedures booklet/leaflet.
As im.sure in there there will be a weight limit around 20/25kgs which can be lifted safely on your own.
If they want you to lift carry everything yourself then why do they provide an extra man?

steviespain:

DF40:

Yeah, while there is no law per se about what you can and cant lift, H&S guidelines say 25Kg at waist height is recommended as max. But, no law, so…

Yeah by the HSE.

Most documentation isn’t law just a guideline.

This is used so that so that to get the job done we sometimes work out with the parameters of these guidelines, as long as no one gets hurt & nothing goes wrong.

As soon as you do you can be sure someone from HR will be quoting these “guidelines”

Good for goose

edd, yep, all jobs got done.
Doesn’t matter if we use a trolley or not, the problem is that this guy says I refused to carry packages (I didn’t).
My job is to deliver packages.
I’ve delivered packages for JL for 6 months.
I have never refused to deliver a package. Oh, wait, I did fail a job once. 4 floors up, private apartment building, no lift, fridge freezer in fridge freezer out. Old fridge freezer was a stinking, leaking, pile of awfulness. The maid informed me that the stair carpet was 20k of newness, lovely and beige. If we’d have had to carry the old one down it would have leaked onto that carpet, and John Lewis would have had the bill to replace it. Plus, carrying the new one up we would have not been able to put it down for a rest (carpet marks) so I failed it. Told line manager at end of day, he said “Yep, no probs, good call”
This porter guy is, therefore, an idiot.