Bulk Blowers

Sidevalve:
That’s very fair comment, especially the bit about hearing. It’s a bloody noisy job as we all know.

Reason I specified donkey trailers was that they seem to be the ones most commonly found on older fleets; it being a given that if the company runs more modern kit, they’ll be more likely to train you up thoroughly in how to use it.

The basics of any tipping trailer apply though, and I cannot stress enough the need to be on firm level ground with the outfit completely straight before you blow off. And finally, NEVER tip to full height if you’ve got cake in the front compartment or it’s even remotely windy.

There is not much variation at our place, we have a couple with donkey engines, but the rest essentially all the same, hydraulics from unit for lifting ram and blowing gear on one pto and blower on the other. We tip full height with front box loaded, but never in Windy or unlevel conditions. A few times when I couldn’t lift high enough have climbed in the back and swept remaining feed to the back of trailer and into the auger. The main thing with trailers is remember to disconnect the blower and hoses when tipped, also dont be tempted to Ave them co nested when moving around a farm with multiple bins, it will end in tears. One more tip if you get stuck for traction and still some weight in the front, then lift body about a foot and the ram will concentrate more weight on drive axle, also don’t let front box open before going to last drop as it will help with traction on hills. This is opposite advice to rigids