Renewing licence at 45

Hello I’m due to renew my licence at end of may . I’m 45 and 46 in october do i have to get a medical form completed as well as my licence application ? . Thanks .

The DVLA…

Should send you the forms before your birthday. Don’t go to your doctor for the medical, it’ll cost you almost three times what you can get it done for. Look around on the net for HGV medicals. Most do the eye test and the form filling, box ticking for around £50.

I had to phone them to order a pack as my renewal date is on may 26th but leaflet i got with pack says if I’m over 45 i need to do the medical , i am technically over 45 but still 45 all the same ?

45 years, and one day, is surely over 45?
Regards from Adrian Mole.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

yeah just read leaflet again its 45 and over , sorry .

My understanding is that its every 5 years after the age of 45, i had my after 45 one late, in june but my 45th birthday was April, my expiry date on license is june rather than april, still waiting for the forms so i assume this is right.

Always go by expiry date next to cat C for the next medical renewal
Cheap medicals thread = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19955&p=2545409#p2545409

cheers Rog

Doctors on wheels or similar are far cheaper.

Ken.

My renewal pack has come today :slight_smile: there are two boxes to tick to renew my entitlement, lorry and bus, i have full lorry and provisional bus, do i tick both boxes or just lorry (is bus provisional automatically added, i dont plan on ever driving a bus but you never know) Also booked my medical for Saturday, £48 :smiley:

Reading this with interest as I’ll be 45 in September.
So I’m guessing nearer the time dvla will send me a letter I go for a medical.post it off and that’s it.?
Then do I repeat this process every 5 years?

Guys be careful as I’m 45 next year and my C and C+E both finish on the 8th of July 1 day before my birthday :imp:
I passed my C late august 2001 and C+E late November 2017

edd1974:
Reading this with interest as I’ll be 45 in September.
So I’m guessing nearer the time dvla will send me a letter I go for a medical.post it off and that’s it.?
Then do I repeat this process every 5 years?

That’s how its supposed to go yes , they are supposed to send pack 56 days before your vocational expiry date but never received mine i had to phone them to send pack to me .

You can print off your own D4 medical form or get one from a Post Office, and take your medical up to 4 months before you need to renew your licence.
No need to wait for the DVLA to send one out.
gov.uk/government/publicati … ng-licence

I’ve just been given a five year license, I’m nearly 50but I haven’t had a medical since 45,that means, by the time th e license, expires, I will have gone ten years without a medical,

from dvla…‘‘Your new licence will be valid from the date your application is approved, not from the expiry date of your current licence’’