Hippies

Anyone else been caught out by these climate nutters blocking roads? Moving onto the railways tomorrow thank goodness.

Oh heck! this might upset em then. :open_mouth: I was reading that diesel engine only trains will be taken out of service in the same time frame as internal combustion engine cars.

The ECML…

Was paralyzed yesterday with over head line problems around the Stevenage area.

If the hippies stop the trains today no one will notice any change to the usual service. :smiley:

Interesting, do you have kids, grandkids even? I don’t but if I did I’d be listening intently to what’s being said.
Not just climate change but mass extinction of species that could spell huge problems. Loss of pollenating insects and you’ve a famine, loss of plants that could yield cures for cancer or Alzheimer’s.
This world will be a very different place when today’s kids are retirement age.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:
Interesting, do you have kids, grandkids even? I don’t but if I did I’d be listening intently to what’s being said.
Not just climate change but mass extinction of species that could spell huge problems. Loss of pollenating insects and you’ve a famine, loss of plants that could yield cures for cancer or Alzheimer’s.

aye - we’re making one hell of a mess of our little planet, to be honest I don’t see much hope that we will ever change our ways, greed is our nature and we will continue to exploit until its all gone, it’s sad that we’re forking it up for our grandkids etc but that’s the way it’s going to be, there’s no stopping it. Too many people and were still breeding like rabbits, a good dose of mixie is what’s needed.

But the prob is deeper than just too many people, think about it, less than a billion are responsible for all the mess and there is nearly anothr 7 billion wanting to live like us, even if population stabilisers - we’re still fourked.

jurassic:
Anyone else been caught out by these climate nutters blocking roads? Moving onto the railways tomorrow thank goodness.

I don’t really think they are nutters. It’s the ignorant selfish joe that’s the nutter. We are destroying our planet and anyone who thinks otherwise is very foolish.

And less of the insults on hippies. I was one when young. :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

It looks to me that the protestors are drawn from the middle class and are being indulged by the authorities. If they were homeless Jeremy Kyle types would they be indulged in this way.? At the moment we don’t really have a viable alternative to the diesel engine truck ,bus or ship. How did those protestors get to the places that they are disrupting. Did they all walk or cycle?

Bluey Circles:

Munchkin:

aye - we’re making one hell of a mess of our little planet, to be honest I don’t see much hope that we will ever change our ways, greed is our nature and we will continue to exploit until its all gone, it’s sad that we’re forking it up for our grandkids etc but that’s the way it’s going to be, there’s no stopping it. Too many people and were still breeding like rabbits, a good dose of mixie is what’s needed.

But the prob is deeper than just too many people, think about it, less than a billion are responsible for all the mess and there is nearly anothr 7 billion wanting to live like us, even if population stabilisers - we’re still fourked.

sort out the billion who are the problem then?
far too many people on the planet…encroaching on to where animals live,then kill the tigers etc who have nowhere to hunt :frowning: :cry:

alamcculloch:
How did those protestors get to the places that they are disrupting. Did they all walk or cycle?

Public transport unlike the millions of commuters stuffed in their cars who could’ve used the train or bus instead. There are alternatives to the diesel engined buses, we used to have them a century ago and they’re called electric trams. A couple of places have reintroduced them.

carryfast-yeti:
sort out the billion who are the problem then?

You, I and everyone on this forum are members of that billion.

There is no global warming,its been happening for thousands of years,look at the ice age,was that us.its all about money,then you got the weird ones causing more emissions by holding all the traffic up,couldn’t make it up could you.all the world is doing is cleaning the ■■■■,guess what we are the ■■■■

Conor:

alamcculloch:
How did those protestors get to the places that they are disrupting. Did they all walk or cycle?

Public transport unlike the millions of commuters stuffed in their cars who could’ve used the train or bus instead. There are alternatives to the diesel engined buses, we used to have them a century ago and they’re called electric trams. A couple of places have reintroduced them.

Electric cars and trams and lorries not much use until the electricity isn’t produced by burning oil

Bluey Circles:

Munchkin:

The real problem is the banking system,a system that creates non existent sums,ie,sums not backed up with gold or silver for example.JFK and Abe Lincoln tried to rectify this by tying US currency to solid materials and they paid the ultimate price for going against the Rothschild/Morgan cartel known as the federal reserve back around 1923.The federal reserve,which is far from “federal” and certainly has no reserves,is the greatest crime ever perpetrated on this planet and all problems,wars,economic depressions etc stem from the very moment this disgusting organisation came online.Eerything else is a side show,theres too much money in the hands of the 1%…of the 1% who infect our earth.The planet has ample room for many more,places that could be developed,irrigated as the Israelis proved decades ago,trouble is the bloodlines don’t really do altruism on that scale,they prefer humanity in easily controlled ghetto/city arrangements.

How very tediously predictable for the msm to couch the movement in class terms and 9to5 disruption of the office drone element.Who gives a ■■■■ if they’re so called middle class,it bloody irrelevant.

Should bring back the.horse and cart for pub delivery.
That would cut down on some of the emissions from the trucks

Conor:

alamcculloch:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

invent electric trams as an alternative to buses…wreck the inner city road infrastructure by digging it all up and laying tram lines…wait for 30 years then decide they are completely useless as a alternative to buses…spend several years ripping up all the tram lines re laying normal roads and letting buses do the job perfectly ,wait another 30 years then decide it would be a good idea to have trams as an alternative to buses,then wreck the inner city infrastructure by digging up all the roads and re laying tram lines ffs

edd1974:
Should bring back the.horse and cart for pub delivery.
That would cut down on some of the emissions from the trucks

^^^
but what about all the methane gases from when the horses ■■■■■■?
using that logic,then the local dairy shops should have a few cows so you can chug your own pint of milk out of them.

its china and india the big polluters , on holiday in north china in 2010 everyone wore facemasks ,sky was yellowey brown and the trees had all died in the cities, were being replaced when i was there by gangs of workers ,not a bird seen anywhere either . in a newspaper in the small ads i saw a big advert “coal fired power stations wanted” some fella in india .

I think that Dieseldog has his holidays in Edinburgh. They really zbed that place up with the trams. They were over time and billions over budget they don’t even go where they were supposed to go.

They’ve glued themselves to Jeremy Corbyn’s house this afternoon.

:smiley:

corij:
its china and india the big polluters , on holiday in north china in 2010 everyone wore facemasks ,sky was yellowey brown and the trees had all died in the cities, were being replaced when i was there by gangs of workers ,not a bird seen anywhere either . in a newspaper in the small ads i saw a big advert “coal fired power stations wanted” some fella in india .

And this is why I personally see little point in trying
mining.com/chinese-companies … ide-china/
The UK have got rid of about a dozen coal fired power stations since the turn of the century - china has recently announced plans to build 700 new ones.

And then there’s Japan, 40 massive new coal power stations to replace its nuclear
sciencemag.org/news/2018/05 … coal-power

what’s the point in us trying?