At last

At last they are going to start prosecuting all these selfish lazy people who have to park right outside where thet need to be.Pavements are for pedestrians not dumb motorists!

express.co.uk/life-style/ca … ine-UK-ban

there are streets where i live which have wheelie bins on the pavement and cars parked alongside the wheelie bins, both sides of the road. so you have to walk down the middle of the road. mind you banning pavement parking where i live just means faster cyclists riding on the pavement.

Another issue is the proliferation of telecommunications companies cabinets. First it was BT and now the number of Virgin Media ones are growing. They reduce the width of pavements that are already narrow.

There are some roads in older areas where the residents sensibly park half on/off the pavement one side, but leave the other side clear, the roads too narrow for fully on road parking both sides.

There will be some winners in this, and there will be many losers, just be careful what you wish for.
I’m lucky enough to have a drive big enough for a small fleet, but millions are not so fortunate, unless this new rule is enforced sensibly with due consideration to the circumstances and situation in the affected area, then once again those of limited means will be the ones to suffer whilst those better off will be unaffected.

Going to be interesting to see how the less well off without their own driveways are going to charge the electric cars they will eventually be forced to buy, when they end up having to park half a mile away from their homes, plus there will be umpteen millions more souls living in the country by then and the last time i looked the land mass wasn’t expanding.

It’s just another headline grabbing new wheeze to drain more cash from the motorist, so the govt of the day can redistribute it to their dictator flavour of the month in foreign aid, currently some £14billion.

Its one of my biggest bugbears…they wont walk 2 minutes away from a chippie, chicken shack, pizza shop, or any other takeaway…some park completely on the pavement…forcing disabled chairs and/.or prams into the main road…the issue is Enforcement after 6pm its a do as you like…but maybe the new rules will allow the police to issue tickets as well as local councils…i am all for it…But i did get a ticket once in central london for using my brain…to stop in the correct way meant traffic could not pass easily…so two wheels on the pavement whilst i delivered got me a ticket.for parking on the pavement…yet no warden in sight…ha ha

truckyboy:
Its one of my biggest bugbears…they wont walk 2 minutes away from a chippie, chicken shack, pizza shop, or any other takeaway…some park completely on the pavement…forcing disabled chairs and/.or prams into the main road…the issue is Enforcement after 6pm its a do as you like…but maybe the new rules will allow the police to issue tickets as well as local councils…i am all for it…But i did get a ticket once in central london for using my brain…to stop in the correct way meant traffic could not pass easily…so two wheels on the pavement whilst i delivered got me a ticket.for parking on the pavement…yet no warden in sight…ha ha

Here here truckyboy!

Unless disabled find a proper parking space. Far too many forget about the inconvenience they can cause.
NO EXCUSES

truckyboy:

On then subject of takeaways the local McDonalds has a parking area next to the drive thru. Five parking spaces, five large litter bins, do the muppets use the bins, of course not just wind the window down and throw it out.

waddy640:

trukyboy:

On then subject of takeaways the local McDonalds has a parking area next to the drive thru. Five parking spaces, five large litter bins, do the muppets use the bins, of course not just wind the window down and throw it out.

Yeah probably the same ones that park on the pavement elsewhere and probably the same ones that try to bully others with their tailgating muppetry. :imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused:

One fine Sunday seen a young boy around 5 out on his bike, his father walking beside him.
Boy lost control trying to navigate pat a car parked on pavement. Edge of boys handle bars took gouge out parked car.
Irate owner came out shouting at father demanding he paid for damage.
" Will I (zb) , your illegally parked." He replied & carried on with his son.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Pavement for people ,roads for road traffic simple easy

jakethesnake:
At last they are going to start prosecuting all these selfish lazy people who have to park right outside where thet need to be.Pavements are for pedestrians not dumb motorists!

A lot of truck drivers are going to get tickets then?

Most don’t realise that trucks cause a lot of damage when parked on pavements to buried services. Yes one of my pet hates too.

Sand Fisher:

jakethesnake:

A lot of truck drivers are going to get tickets then?

Most don’t realise that trucks cause a lot of damage when parked on pavements to buried services. Yes one of my pet hates too.

Possibly they will but I think the main focus is on car drivers. Quite correct about damage though certainly with heavy trucks. Unfortunately some think they are doing good by parking on the pavement.
Roads for vehicles.(and cyclists)
Pavements for pedestrians.
Plain and simple really.

Does anybody actually believe it’s for pedestrians welfare and wellbeing? :unamused:
‘‘They’’ have just seen another opportunity to fine motorists, that’s the top and bottom of it.
So those that benefit (and who believe the false agenda) are happy, even more revenue raised, the Govt and Councils are happy…so win win.
Excellent pr.

If the authorities REALLY cared about the Health and the Safety of the people, the likes of us would have numerous suitable places to park overnight…they don’t, so we don’t. :bulb:

robroy:
Does anybody actually believe it’s for pedestrians welfare and wellbeing? :unamused:
‘‘They’’ have just seen another opportunity to fine motorists, that’s the top and bottom of it.
So those that benefit (and who believe the false agenda) are happy, even more revenue raised, the Govt and Councils are happy…so win win.
Excellent pr.

If the authorities REALLY cared about the Health and the Safety of the people, the likes of us would have numerous suitable places to park overnight…they don’t, so we don’t. :bulb:

^^^^^^^
+1
winner…itl be used completey out of perspective with the random purge for one reason only…KERCHING!!!

Warped minds alike. Ain’t it strange how some see motoring offences as revenue.
They don’t see the inconvenience of vehicles parked on pavements. Probably fortunate they have no disabled relatives using wheelchairs. They don’t notice old vulnerable people having to walk on the busy road to avoid a selfish parker.

Lets do away with the law. Let’s let drivers decide the safe speed to drive.
Lets ignore drivers that run red lights.
Lets let these arrogant drivers talk on their phone because they are so superior they will not be affected.

Yeah let’s have complete mayhem with nobody ever being prosecuted for breaking the law.

JEEZ. GET A GRIP.

Think you’ve got a bite

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

jakethesnake:
They don’t see the inconvenience of vehicles parked on pavements. Probably fortunate they have no disabled relatives using wheelchairs. They don’t notice old vulnerable people having to walk on the busy road to avoid a selfish parker.

Lets let these arrogant drivers talk on their phone because they are so superior they will not be affected.

Yeah let’s have complete mayhem with nobody ever being prosecuted for breaking the law.

JEEZ. GET A GRIP.

You really should read stuff carefully before you jump in…And no mention of crap truck drivers on one of your posts ! :open_mouth: …you’re slipping Jake me old mate.

There is no doubt the people you mention will benefit, there is no doubt that pavement parking is dangerous.
It’s just that the more streetwise and less naive among us see things as they really are and do not just readily swallow the official rhetoric, but instead see the TRUE agenda for ‘‘them’’ jumping on every oppportunity to fine motorists such as this latest one…now do you comprehend my point?

As I said as a random example, one that pertains to me personally this time, which does not include the usual penalty clause…When the report comes out that numerous parking sites for trampers are to be provided, I may just begin to think that ‘‘They’’ actually DO care about the safety and welfare of ‘‘Their’’ public.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
works fine for me for all of my life sofar my good man,but as for the rest of your predictable trolling pish,then this sums it up nicely for me…

youtube.com/watch?v=PBLGy0kStjs

robroy:

jakethesnake:

JEEZ. GET A GRIP.

You really should read stuff carefully before you jump in…And no mention of crap truck drivers on one of your posts ! :open_mouth: …you’re slipping Jake me old mate.

There is no doubt the people you mention will benefit, there is no doubt that pavement parking is dangerous.
It’s just that the more streetwise and less naive among us see things as they really are and do not just readily swallow the official rhetoric, but instead see the TRUE agenda for ‘‘them’’ jumping on every oppportunity to fine motorists such as this latest one…now do you comprehend my point?

As I said as a random example, one that pertains to me personally this time, which does not include the usual penalty clause…When the report comes out that numerous parking sites for trampers are to be provided, I may just begin to think that ‘‘They’’ actually DO care about the safety and welfare of ‘‘Their’’ public.

Don’t worry, I read stuff that’s worth reading… :wink:

It’s just that the more streetwise and less naive among us see things as they really are :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

Who’s going to enforce it?..