Insecure load? REALLY?

I am so glad i got out of curtainsider work 6 months ago, couldn’t put up with this bullshine

From Humber Roads Police twitter feed

First stop of the day and first insecure load #832

I saw that on Twitter, its disgusting and I hope the driver gets a long ban :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:
I saw that on Twitter, its disgusting and I hope the driver gets a long ban :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Seriously though, where does it end, i’ve seen scaffolding lorries with more insecure and dangerous loads than this :imp:

They could slide out thro the curtain on a roundabout, which the phone using, Yorkie munching truck driver took at high speed, potentially killing the nun who was taking her kittens to the vet, A daily mail repoter stated.

I have no sympathy,get fining the lazy curtain drivers ,might make them think a little ,forget all your kitten n nun bull ,I had a half tonne crate come last week that I’d paid £7000 for the goods in side of ,it arrives on palletways lieing on its side damaged and on top of someone else’s goods that where also damaged ,not a strap in sight not even internals used , for 2 pins I’d grass the ZB driver who’s atitude was unbelievable.

biggriffin:
They could slide out thro the curtain on a roundabout, which the phone using, Yorkie munching truck driver took at high speed, potentially killing the nun who was taking her kittens to the vet, A daily mail repoter stated.

You forgot to mention juggernaut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i’m with dan on this. looking at them they look like engineered parts that some one is possibly desperately waiting for to finish a job no good to anyone if damaged.it’s all about the knock on effect for the sake of a couple of straps…

RIPPER:
Seriously though, where does it end, i’ve seen scaffolding lorries with more insecure and dangerous loads than this :imp:

Does that look like it has been secured in any way, shape or form? Are you claiming that those pallets wouldn’t slide about the back, especially on a pallet network C&D truck driven like a ■■■■■■ Van?

Just because you’ve seen others not doing it properly doesn’t excuse this guy.

Is it secured to the vehicle, NO.

Therefore its insecure.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Class 2. Says it all

If you do that old fashion thing like slowing down for bends and roundabout’s, don’t think there be much of a problem. Or am I being a old dinosaur living in the past :unamused:

They don’t do themselves any favours these pallet distributors, at least make some effort to put the pallets on the wagon in some sort of order. It’s blatantly obvious from that picture that nobody gives a toss.

just because its hidden it does not mean it does not have to be secured, if this was on a flat you would think it was madness not to secure, they look like heavy parts to me

Only half a dozen drops? A disgrace to pallet humpers everywhere. Look at all the empty space above them, what a waste…

Howardplant:
just because its hidden it does not mean it does not have to be secured, if this was on a flat you would think it was madness not to secure, they look like heavy parts to me

I we’re talking old school heavy parts like they look would usually have been carried in stillages and then roped.Oh wait no rope hooks on the vehicle and pallets with a bit of shrink wrap put over them are so much better that’s progress.

Howardplant:

Because I had trouble seeing under the wrap, I wondered how heavy they were. I’ve had little pallets of sheet steel for tin cans I think, shrink wrapped that weighed a lot. You’re paid to do a job properly, why not do it, it’s your licence.

We all know the rules and we all know the penalties if we get caught flouting them. Driver tried to get away with it and failed. Man up, pay up and shut up.

5 minutes to throw a strap over that and no problem. Lazy, lazy lazy.

All loads need to be secured against movement.

You could argue/moan about it all day but its a simple fact.

Both pallets look to be moderately heavy, the front one clearly has shsrp edges and the rear one looks as if the conents can roll. Putting a strap over either pallet is hardly going to do much.

So I blame the driver who collected it. He should have refused the goods as unsuitable for carriage as packed. ‘That’s not going on my wagon like that mate’.

SuperMultiBlue:
Class 2. Says it all

Ha, would you like a list for the number of class ones pulled everyday for serious offences by the DVSA?

Or were you trying to be funny. :wink: