London lez zone

London lez comes in force today.
Operates 24 7 . Is £100 a day for trucks.
Plus you also have to pay congestion charge.
Heard mayor Kahn on radio saying it’s not a money making scheme.
It’s to reduce pollution and make peoples health better.

The first of many councils/local authorities that will be implementing ULEZ’s in the next two years. check out the local authorities that will be implementing these schemes and how many the government has told them to do so. google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi … 04841&z=11

“It’s not a money making scheme. It’s there to discourage people driving in London”
That means I for one can now stop taking the ■■■■ by driving my truck in London just for the hell of it. Same goes for all the supermarket etc trucks driving in London needlessly. [emoji57]

If the truck is euro 6, no charges.

Only get charged if you go into the congestion charge zone, so you can still be sent off the M25, it doesn’t go out to the north/south circular till 2021. Basically anything inside the A501 is charged.

As I’ve said before… How many trucks that go into London regularly aren’t already Euro 6, Gold FORS standard mobile cyclist alarm systems with greenhouse doors?

toonsy:
As I’ve said before… How many trucks that go into London regularly aren’t already Euro 6, Gold FORS standard mobile cyclist alarm systems with greenhouse doors?

Is there anywhere you can get info in this FORS requirement ?

Is it mandatory for certain areas of London ?

Went into Greater London other last week and it crossed my mind the unit I was in might not be fully compliant with this crap.

Knew it was ok for LEZ as I found a Reg Checker they said no charges

Had a look whilst on break and couldn’t really find anything definitive - sure there must be something I can use to say not going back into the dump if not compliant [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fors is mainly if you deliver to building sites.
Don’t think you need it for general warehouse deliveries in london.

It’s all just tick box thing get a sticker on your truck makes your company look good.
I recently done my fors course was all online.
Watching videos answer questions all stuff any good driver should.know.
Worst thing there was about 8 or 10 modules and it doesn’t count towards your cpc
But now I’ve passed it I’m a better driver.

If you want an excuse not go to london tell em.before you go you want a stab vest and danger money

Someone should make a note of the current pollution levels now…

Give it a certain amount of time…

Then check them again…

See what’s probably changed… Or not… Or increased…

Then say, yep - that worked… :unamused:

Will people be wanting their money back because the LEZ didn’t work…■■?

Goldfinger:

Then check them again…

^^^this!

I mean, are all the peasants (like me) that are running around in 10 year old diesels worth a grand all of a sudden going to go out and buy a new petrol, hybrid or electric car because of this? No! They run around in old cars BECAUSE they can’t afford a newer car so charging them more just makes that even more impossible.
Anyway, I will NEVER drive to London in my car (because it’s an overrated ■■■■ hole) so I don’t give a ■■■■.

when you pay lez charge and you have device they give you to make engine clean how do you fit the thing

The ones I feel sorry for - are the sole trader vans of older than '15 plate in age - who now have to pay an extra £12 a DAY to deliver to corner shops in the London Districts that you can’t get anything bigger than a puddle jumper into…

“Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells” delivering Weald of Kent produce into central London in a van deemed “old-bangery” - is either gonna go under, or is going to re-shape his delivery business to go to places other than London instead, making Londoners - a lot more reliant upon the Big Boys (Supermarkets) for their local food purchases. That’s a lot more people on foot, walking to such supermarkets, getting gassed daily when beforehand they could have clicked their mouse on a few piccies, and had it delivered by Vans, either directly (.com vans) or indirectly (deliveries to their local corner shop).

The Big Boys - will just pay the £100 charge of course, but will make moves to avoid sending their 14 plates and older - into town. Easy peasy when you’ve got a fleet ranging from 59 plates to 68 plates eh?

Does London starve, or are people like me working for Supermarkets - about to get work coming out of their ears, and with inflated hourly rates to boot?
:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

The number of people dying from “Respiratory Ailments” - will NOT go down imo.

The pollution from the same vehicles - has merely been moved from the Khaaan-voting areas out to the Tory voting areas, around the North and South circular roads.
The Public - will need to emark on more “on foot” journeys to a supermarket a few blocks away from where they live in town, inhaling all the noxious niffs as they go. It isn’t as if “All traffic will be ceasing” or even cutting down by much… You cannot go shopping very effectively to a supermarket on a pushbike either, so that’s more “commuter traffic” and less “local traffic”, whilst pushing up the number of Pedestrians for less HGVs to hit, - but more cyclists to hit!

Even if we argue that “Respiratory ailment Deaths number a thousand per year in London Alone” - then we can play the “what about” card, and explain that 50,000 people have died of survivable ailments such as Sepsis, MRSA, Meningitus, and even Syphilis - but couldn’t afford the mega-expensive fancy antibiotics “which are not available on the NHS” - because we gave the £350m a week to the EU instead for the past three years. It is the Tories fault as much as Labour’s, The ineffective European Research Group’s fault as much as Resisting Remainers. “They didn’t act, they still won’t act, and before long they won’t have the CHANCE to act.”

All the ULEZ has done - is shifted the problem from Inner London out to the Suberbs, in particular around the North and South Circular roads.

No (net) lives will be saved, I’ll suggest, - but what a moneyspinner Khaan has got - and raising money from small firms rather than the big boys who can just juggle their fleets about with a bit of good management!

Where Hammond baulked, Khaan has succeeded then.

Khaaan.gif
Who’s gonna vote for Khaan next year folks■■?

Winseer:
The ones I feel sorry for - are the sole trader vans of older than '15 plate in age - who now have to pay an extra £12 a DAY to deliver to corner shops in the London Districts that you can’t get anything bigger than a puddle jumper into…

“Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells” delivering Weald of Kent produce into central London in a van deemed “old-bangery” - is either gonna go under, or is going to re-shape his delivery business to go to places other than London instead, making Londoners - a lot more reliant upon the Big Boys (Supermarkets) for their local food purchases. That’s a lot more people on foot, walking to such supermarkets, getting gassed daily when beforehand they could have clicked their mouse on a few piccies, and had it delivered by Vans, either directly (.com vans) or indirectly (deliveries to their local corner shop).

The Big Boys - will just pay the £100 charge of course, but will make moves to avoid sending their 14 plates and older - into town. Easy peasy when you’ve got a fleet ranging from 59 plates to 68 plates eh?

Does London starve, or are people like me working for Supermarkets - about to get work coming out of their ears, and with inflated hourly rates to boot?
:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

In the 3.5t van sector if they are 15 plate they may fall foul, they didn’t have to be Euro6 compliant till September 2016

Winseer:
The number of people dying from “Respiratory Ailments” - will NOT go down imo.

The pollution from the same vehicles - has merely been moved from the Khaaan-voting areas out to the Tory voting areas, around the North and South circular roads.
The Public - will need to emark on more “on foot” journeys to a supermarket a few blocks away from where they live in town, inhaling all the noxious niffs as they go. It isn’t as if “All traffic will be ceasing” or even cutting down by much… You cannot go shopping very effectively to a supermarket on a pushbike either, so that’s more “commuter traffic” and less “local traffic”, whilst pushing up the number of Pedestrians for less HGVs to hit, - but more cyclists to hit!

For decades, research has focused on the air quality outside of vehicles. Researchers are now realizing the air inside our cars can be far worse – as much as fifteen times worse than the air just a few meters away.
iqair.com/international/blo … -pollution

Apparently in includes motorbikes and mopeds over a certain age.
And we all know how much congestion they cause and all that pollution they pump out.
Once the pollution levels drop don’t be surprised if they then introduce a pedestrian charge to enter the clean air zone so you can breath in the lovely.fresh air

I can’t see me being allowed to bring my old Trabant into the city centre then … :confused:

Goldfinger:

Then check them again…

The bit I don’t get is on that Tv doc about adblue cheats they said emissions can only be measured at full revs or was it full speed so they had a lorry on a rolling road for demo purposes,does it mean that the emissions emitted from an engine below full revs are all the same irregardless of the Euro emissions class ?who manages to get full revs or full speed in a city anyway ?

raymundo:
I can’t see me being allowed to bring my old Trabant into the city centre then … :confused:

Pre '79 no problem & it’s a rolling 40 yr exemption after that.

In fact even for commercials pre’ 73 is OK, so punchy Dan is prob OK :wink:

I’m sure Dipper Dave will be along shortly to give his views on London’s dedicated LEZ zone