So, who's had a pay rise then?

National minimum wage (I’m not calling it the living wage because it isn’t) for adults over 25 is now £8.21

That’s more than some companies in my area were offering to drive a lorry!!

I bet many haulage firms will now go to salaried pay to rip drivers off ,but the same drivers will continue polishing tanks and paying for upgrades on the wonder bosses trucks :laughing:

I wondered how long before it was said. I bet there is an awful lot on not much more than that just going about their day, not even polishing tanks etc. If it’s a low wage area there is nothing apart from moving that you can do. Am sure firms have a wages cartel.

I had one back in November up to £12/hour so still some breathing space between myself and minimum wage.

Your hard working MP.s got a huge pay rise.

Beetlejuice:
I bet many haulage firms will now go to salaried pay to rip drivers off ,but the same drivers will continue polishing tanks and paying for upgrades on the wonder bosses trucks :laughing:

Ignoring the clowns of which you speak, which in many cases are one of the reasons a lot of us do not get pay raises. :smiling_imp: (think about it :bulb: )
…I can’t see why some drivers prefer salary, unless of course if it’s some exceptional rate that is.

If you get paid by the hour you know exactly where you are, and you obviously get extra for those longer days.

On salary you can sure as hell bet that most firms will plan you for longer days, get their last drop of blood out of you just to maximise on what they pay…I often have this argument with a mate, asking him why he goes for maxing out when he could get the same rate for 13 hour max days every day, but it’s like talking to a brick wall.
To ensure drivers comply they get the ‘‘percentage of truck earnings bonus’’ dog ■■■■ quoted to them :unamused: …, although those truck earnings are never revealed to their drivers… :unamused:

To answer your question, from my lot it’s a resounding true to form ‘‘No’’
So not me. :cry:

Had ours at the beginning of the year.

Up to £12.50 an hour Mon-Fri

Just had ours (back dated from last year) as management and union took forever to agree the percentage and also a deal was done at the same time for this years rise which will be here soon, obviously all our enhancements have gone up too by the same percentage.

Full time drivers at the company I drive for are due a 2.5% increase from today. Since I’m on agency I’m not holding my breath though.

Spoke to a mate of mine whose had a pay rise.

He’s now going to be earning £50.000 a year 4 on 4 off days.

Not bad I’m guessing

Geoffo:

Not bad I’m guessing

Are they hiring? :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd days:
Am sure firms have a wages cartel.

I can’t speak for the big firms, but I can tell you small ones don’t. I’ve never worked out what we can pay the drivers based on what others pay, and the firms I know don’t either.

We are on hourly, its a 53 week year, so we’ll decide the pay rise next week.

I got an extra tenner a day when I came back here in February and considering I may only do about 12 hours each week if we’re lucky I am not complaining at all but it does get very boring doing nowt all day …

Our lad got a letter this morning confirming it, he is only 23 but the company pay the same rate to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically I’ve had three pay reductions in the last year and a half and all because of the percentage rising of this work place pension contribution thing.

What is this mysterious thing you speak of■■?

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not really a pay rise but company I work for overhauled the pay system which is much needed and works better for me. Finally gone to being paid by the hour with premiums for night work. Product hauled and service time instead of being paid by the km and not getting a fat lot when work is slow! Think minimum wage here is about $15 an hour so I’m finally making more than that now at least

Geoffo:

Not bad I’m guessing

Proper money. The missus has just had a pay rise…she gave it to herself…im not going to complain though… :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget that you will also pay less tax - The Personal Allowance is going up to £12,500 so most of you will take home £130 more in 2019-20 than in 2018-19.

Every little helps :slight_smile:

I got a $5.00 a fortnight rise on my age pension this week, does that make you jealous?